Cannot add publication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have a strange error, when I try to create publication

Msg 3933, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_MSrepl_addpublication, Line 1222
    Cannot promote the transaction to a distributed transaction because there is an active save point in this transaction.

What is it?

P. S. The error arise with all types of replication.

Monday, October 30, 2006 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Alexey,

One possible cause is that you have server configuration option 'remote proc trans'  turned on. Could you try to turn this option off and add publication again?

Thanks,

Peng

Monday, October 30, 2006 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexey,

One possible cause is that you have server configuration option 'remote proc trans'  turned on. Could you try to turn this option off and add publication again?

Thanks,

Peng

Monday, October 30, 2006 6:55 PM
  • Thank you very much. It was very helpful!
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:44 AM
  • I noticed the same issue when I was trying to drop a subscription:

Msg 3933, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_MSrepl_getdistributorinfo, Line 93
    Cannot promote the transaction to a distributed transaction because there is an active save point in this transaction.

Looks like after installing SP3 on SS05 the 'remote proc trans' got enabled. I disabled it and ran the drop command successfully, thanks!

Monday, November 23, 2009 10:06 PM
  • Hi Peg,

Thank you so much for this post, it helped me resolve my issue of receiving the following error when create the snapshot for my merge replication:

Cannot promote the transaction to a distributed transaction because there is an active save point in this transaction 

As you suggested, changing the configuration of remote proc trans and running reconfigure the snapshot started to generate.

Thanks

Mark

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 2:16 PM
  • I am using SQL 2008 EE and am experiencing the same problem when attempting to add a transactional publication.  I've tried the previous suggestions but nothing has worked.  Does any one else have a suggestion?

I've attempted to completely drop/disable publication/distribtuion on the servers, restart the MSSQL service, and tried rebooting the box.  No luck.

I have the distribution DB on another server, added the publisher to it, then I go to the publisher and attempt to create a publication and get the error...

Monday, December 19, 2011 3:40 PM