none
Issue in configuring Publisher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two servers, one for subscriber and the other one for publisher and distributor. I have configured the distributor but problems are arising during the configuration for publisher. It says that the server has to be enabled as  a Publisher before proceeding further, but when I move forward, I am unable to add that server as Publisher. 

- The first image tells us about the message when I try to create a new Publication. The chopped  off part is the server ip. This server is for publisher and distributor. 

- The second image comes when I add a new publisher. Here, when I am trying to add the same server ip as publisher, no changes are happening. It gives the same error which is 'server' must be enabled as a Publisher before you can create a publication. 

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi vivek6190,

The images that you posted is not displayed. I have tried to open the thread through different browsers, but they all not work. 

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

I am unable to upload images as my account is not verified.  Will upload it once the account is verified.

Thanks

vivek6190

Friday, August 2, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Hi vivek6190,

Ok, waiting for your updating. For verifying your Forums Account, please refer to How to Verify Your MSDN/TechNet Forums Account So that You Can Post Images and Links.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 2, 2019 10:10 AM
  • what error message are you getting?

Note your publisher name must be less than 15 characters for it to work.

Friday, August 2, 2019 3:24 PM