none
SQL SERVER 2008 R2 REMOTE CONNECTION RRS feed

• Question

• I have two computers A and  B

In A Computer I installed sql server 2008 r2 and all my database is in this computer.  Now I want to run my application from B computer, so that the application access my database installed in A computer.

So do I need to instally sql server in B computer also?

Please explain step by step how can I configure that B access db from A computer

Regards,

Biju

Friday, July 20, 2012 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would suggest to have a look at http://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server-2008

You will find an example of a connection string when you provide the IP address.The provided example is

Data Source=190.190.200.100,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

1433 represents the port used to communicate with the SQL Server instance. Be careful, it depends whether you have a static port ( 1433 for a default install ) or a dynamic port ( default configuration with a computer on which several SQL Server instances have been installed )

you have (at least ) to modify the IP address 190.190.200.100 ( to replace by the IP address of your A computer )

DBMSSOCN is the library used in case of TCP/IP

User ID is the name of your SQL Server login

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi, Biju.

Generally speaking, you don't need anything to connect and run remote computer with application.

Just make sure you don't have any problem with connect to remote computer.

If you have, ask the problem here then.

Maybe can get information how to solve them.

Hope that helps

Best Regards, Jungsun Kim

Friday, July 20, 2012 12:04 PM
  • No need to install SQL server on machine B.

Share the error message you are getting.

Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

Friday, July 20, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Dear Mr. Rohit Garg

Then how can I connect B to A machine in which sql database is loaded ?

Regard,

Biju

Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:03 AM
  • I need to connect database in A machine in IP concept.

Regards,

Biju

Saturday, July 21, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Hello,

I would suggest to have a look at http://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server-2008

You will find an example of a connection string when you provide the IP address.The provided example is

Data Source=190.190.200.100,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

1433 represents the port used to communicate with the SQL Server instance. Be careful, it depends whether you have a static port ( 1433 for a default install ) or a dynamic port ( default configuration with a computer on which several SQL Server instances have been installed )

you have (at least ) to modify the IP address 190.190.200.100 ( to replace by the IP address of your A computer )

DBMSSOCN is the library used in case of TCP/IP

User ID is the name of your SQL Server login

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Dear Papy

What are the minimum components required to install on client machine so that it can be connected with Sql Server 2008 R2

Thanx in advance

biju

• Edited by Biju2 Monday, July 30, 2012 10:23 AM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 10:23 AM