Server Name in Sql Migration Assistant for Access is blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I had a previous question which was worded incorrectly so here it goes again.

I am trying to Migrate from Access to SQL using the Microsoft tool and the ServerName is blank and will not allow me to enter my local instance of SQl Server. I can't copy , the "." doesn't work, it doesn't allow me to type anythinng

It works correctly in SQL Management Studio as I can connect to my local server database/instance BUT NOT in Microsoft SQL Server Assistant for Access.

Here is the screen where I CANT put in the SQL Name. I checked and TCP/IP is enabled

Thanks

George

Friday, July 13, 2012 6:31 PM

Answers

• Okay ..sometimes these apps are not as complicated as I thought...

If you enter the local server name BY HAND and then enter the database name BY HAND..the NEXT appears and guess what..IT CONNECTS...

What happened to drop down lists :-)

Either way I was able to connect..

Thanks Mohit

• Marked as answer by GeorgeFeig Monday, July 16, 2012 3:12 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 3:12 PM

All replies

• I just installed version 5.2; no problem being able to type in server name.  I can't get the list to auto populate either, I am unsure how it is enumerating it or enumerating at all.  Try reinstall?

Mohit K. Gupta --- MCTS, MCITP, MCC2011
    My Blog OpsVault My MSDN Blog Twitter @SQLCAN

Sunday, July 15, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Okay ..sometimes these apps are not as complicated as I thought...

If you enter the local server name BY HAND and then enter the database name BY HAND..the NEXT appears and guess what..IT CONNECTS...

What happened to drop down lists :-)

Either way I was able to connect..

Thanks Mohit

• Marked as answer by GeorgeFeig Monday, July 16, 2012 3:12 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Good question, I spent about 20 min trying to get that list to auto populate.  But end up giving up, just typed the names in heh.  "Maybe?" its future functionality ;-).

Mohit K. Gupta --- MCTS, MCITP, MCC2011
    My Blog OpsVault My MSDN Blog Twitter @SQLCAN

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:14 PM