none
Getting a "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)"

Question

• I get the following error when trying to view a report in Reporting Services:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Query execution failed for data set 'Unicare'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
        • Invalid object name 'JC_vw_MHAR'.

But I do not get it in Visual Studio when I run the same report.

Using a shared datasource and it is connected.

How do you fix this?

• Edited by Jarrod1966 Monday, September 12, 2011 5:17 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Jarrod1966,

Please try to use windows integrated authentication in your shared datasource with one account has the permission to access the datasource view.

1. Open the Report Manager, locate to the Data Sources Unicare in Properties tab

2. Connection Type: Microsoft SQL Server

3. Connection String: Data Source=Machine Name; Initial Catalog=DataSourceName (Copy and paste the same information as in Connection String of Shared data source in BIDS)

4. And select "Credentials stored securely in the report server" give User name(domainname\account) and Password which is the name with which you used to log in to your machine.

5. Select "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"

6. Then Click on Apply.

Additionally, please also try to use Windows Intagrated security in the DataSource. Be ware of shared datasource folder permission issue, please try to create one embedded datasource instead of shared datadource.

Please preview the report. If the issue still exists, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Jarrod1966,

Thanks for your question. Based on my research, this problem may be caused by the account in browser is different from the account in VS, and the account in browser has no permission to access the datasource. Please consider changing the User Authentication type in your browser. For Internet Explorer, please follow below steps.

1. Click the Tools button in the browser, click the Security tab,

2. Click Internet icon, click Custom level button. Locate to the section of User Authentication, select Prompt for user name and password, click OK.

3. Repeat previous one step for Local intranet.

When you access the Report Server by browser again, you will get the prompt dialog box, please type in the same user name and password as the VS.

Hope it helps you. If the issue still exists, please feel free let me know.

Thanks,
    Sharp

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help you and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. It has something to do with using a database View. I have another project I created and it does not error out that does not use views.

Here is the programming for the report this is not working:

WITH cte AS (SELECT     *, row_number() OVER (partition BY ID
                                 ORDER BY EffDate DESC) AS rn
    FROM         JC_vw_MHAR
    WHERE     (ProviderLName = 'Auxier') AND (ProviderFName = 'Adrienne') AND (PrimaryFlag = 1) AND (Expdate IS NULL) AND (FullName = 'CHild CMHA' OR
                          FullName = 'MH Assessment - Adult v3 - June 2010' OR
                          FullName = 'Child CMHA v4' OR
                          FullName = 'MH Assessment - Adult v3' OR
                          FullName = 'MH Assessment - Adult' OR
                          FullName = 'MH Assessment - Adult - do not use for new assessments'))
        SELECT     *
         FROM         cte

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:45 PM
  • Hi Jarrod1966,

Thanks for your reply. Please try to check the problem from this direction: the data source connection for the DataSet “Unicare” is missing or invalid.

If the “JC_vw_MHAR” doesn’t exist in the database name that contains in the DataSource, it will display this error. For more detail information, please reference rsProcessingAborted and rsErrorExecutingCommand Errors in Troubleshooting Report Processing and Rendering.

If the issue still exists, please help me answer below questions:

1. Which authentication type in your datasource?

2. Does the account have the permission to access the database view “JC_vw_MHAR”?

Thanks,
    Sharp

Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:49 AM
  • Hello Sharp,

Yes JC_vw_MHAR exists in the database. There are no errors in the event viewer. I have already gone through the Troubleshooting Report Processing and Rendering to no avail. The reports work fine in the Business Intelligence Development Studio with no errors. The error only shows up in the reporting services.

I am using an admin account to authenticate with and the account has permission to access JC_vw_MHAR

I use Crendials stored securely on the report server and login with the sa account. The following are unchecked:
    Use as Windows credential when connecting to the data source., Impersonate the authenticated user after a connection has been made to the data source., Windows integrated security, Credentials are not required.

Permissions are set to inherit roles from the parent folder

This is the Data Source called Unicare on the Reporting Services.

Thank you for your help

Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:52 PM
  • Hi Jarrod1966,

Please try to use windows integrated authentication in your shared datasource with one account has the permission to access the datasource view.

1. Open the Report Manager, locate to the Data Sources Unicare in Properties tab

2. Connection Type: Microsoft SQL Server

3. Connection String: Data Source=Machine Name; Initial Catalog=DataSourceName (Copy and paste the same information as in Connection String of Shared data source in BIDS)

4. And select "Credentials stored securely in the report server" give User name(domainname\account) and Password which is the name with which you used to log in to your machine.

5. Select "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"

6. Then Click on Apply.

Additionally, please also try to use Windows Intagrated security in the DataSource. Be ware of shared datasource folder permission issue, please try to create one embedded datasource instead of shared datadource.

Please preview the report. If the issue still exists, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sharp Wang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact us.

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:26 AM
  • That fixed it - Thank you so much
    • Marked as answer by Jarrod1966 Monday, September 19, 2011 2:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jarrod1966 Monday, September 19, 2011 2:27 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:26 PM