none
SSIS Error 12291

Question

• I have an SSIS package that runs just fine.  However, when I schedule it as a job, it fails with this in the Event Viewer:

Source:  SQLISPackage

Event ID:  12291

Description:  Package "<package name>" failed.

I have many other SSIS packages scheduled on the same server using the same security.  What can be wrong, or where can I look to find out what the problem is?

Neal

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:52 PM

Answers

• Got it!  UNC versus mapped drives!

The manual process uses my credentials, which has a mapped drive reference.  The job uses the SQL Server Agent account, which does not.  I just found out that the programmer is using the mapped drive.

Solved!

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:50 PM

All replies

• Check the log file. If you don't have a log file, change the package to use one.

-Jamie

Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:26 AM
  • Thanks, Jamie.  This is all that shows up when the jobs fails to run the package:

#Fields: event,computer,operator,source,sourceid,executionid,starttime,endtime,datacode,databytes,message

Neal

Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:40 PM
  • Got it!  UNC versus mapped drives!

The manual process uses my credentials, which has a mapped drive reference.  The job uses the SQL Server Agent account, which does not.  I just found out that the programmer is using the mapped drive.

Solved!

Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:50 PM
  • I also received this error message when my cleanup task for my database backup maintance plan didn't point to the new backup drive. So, the backup plan was pointing to G:\SQL Backups, but the cleanup task (removing bak files older than 10 days) were pointing to D:\SQL Backups still. Anyway, nealgseattle, thanks for posting your fix. It gave me the idea of what to look for.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:08 PM