none
Security on Report Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am writing a mobile app (running on iis) - that is making a call to the report server rendering as XML. 

I am making an Ajax call to my report server like so:

http://server/ReportServer?/Rpts/WeeklyTrend&UserId=247&Granularity=1&StartDate=2013-02-25&EndDate=2013-03-15&rs:Format=xml

However I am being prompted to enter credentials before the call to the above url.

The site is running in IIS with an application pool identity that has full access to the reports folder and report. 

Any pointers/advice would be great

Thanks in advance!

Keith. 

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Keith,

Based on the current information, please first check the data source definition in the report manager.

If the data source is configured to use prompt credentials, you can work around the issue by pass data source credentials within the URL. For more information, please see:
    Setting Data Source Credentials in a URL

If the data source is not configured to use prompt credentials, the issue may occur due to the authentication settings in the custom application. If you pass Windows credentials to the Report Server Web service, you can use:

ReportingService rs = new ReportingService();
    rs.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

If you use pass Basic credentials to the Web service, please use the following code:

ReportingService service = new ReportingService();
    service.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username", "password", "domain");

Reference:
    Web Service Authentication

Regards,
    Mike Yin

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:05 AM