none
Unable to create SQL Database Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am trying to create my first sql database, when i goes to create that it is asking to create SERVER first, when i am trying to create Database SERVER, it is showing me that "This location is not available for subscription". I tried it with "Microsoft Partner Network" subscriptions well as"Free Trial" subscriptions. In both cases showing same error, can anyone suggest me whats wrong i m doing??

Friday, March 20, 2020 6:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Shahid,

have you tried other regions?
    hth
    Marcin

Friday, March 20, 2020 10:28 AM
  • I'm also getting the same, regardless of region.

Initially I was on a free trial and then I was advised by MS to upgrade to a PAYG account which I did and still can't create them - although now I've lost the online chat, unless I pay for a support package.

Friday, March 20, 2020 10:55 AM
  • Same thing happened to me, tried selecting all the available regions but got the same message. I upgraded my account but still getting the same message.
    Friday, March 20, 2020 12:16 PM
  • Hi 

Please try registering your subscription with resource providers. 

If you still face the issue please do respond and we will try to look into it.

Thanks
    Navtej S

• Proposed as answer by lapaj Monday, March 30, 2020 2:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by lapaj Monday, March 30, 2020 2:29 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2020 12:36 PM
  • Dear

I have the same problem. My Azure subscription is Azure for Students. I followed the above steps (I registered the Microsoft.SqlVirtualMachine), but it did not help. 

Is there another solution?

Best regards,

Peter 

Friday, March 20, 2020 2:17 PM
  • Same for me. I have tried deregistering and re-registering the services as well but no difference
    Friday, March 20, 2020 2:38 PM
  • Hi Navtej,

That service wasn't registered, but after registering it I still cannot create a SQL server instance when I try to create a SQL database. 

Just to note that I contacted MS support and they said that because I had a free trial I wouldn't be able to create a SQL database because there's capacity issues and I need to upgrade to PAYG - which I did and left it 3hrs as requested, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

John.

Friday, March 20, 2020 2:57 PM
  • Hi 

I am working with internal team to check this and with initial analysis it looks like an outage. Please wait for my further update for confirmation and resolution or immediate mitigation for the same.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards
    Navtej S

Friday, March 20, 2020 3:49 PM
  • Hi Navtej,

I am experiencing the same issue - I am using the Visual Studio Enterprise subscription that MSFT gives out to FTEs. I was trying to do some training before taking a MS cert and get the same error when creating a server for the SQL database. 

Error: This location is not available for subscription

Microsoft.SQLVirtualMachine is registered and I've tried all locations available for me to select.

Please let me know more when you can. Thanks for looking into this for us.

Friday, March 20, 2020 7:28 PM
  • Trying to create Azure SQL Database I am getting "this location is not available for subscription" while choosing the location. I tried all regions but all of them are giving me same message. I am using my MSDN subscription.

Can somebody help me with this?

Friday, March 20, 2020 8:52 PM
  • This appear to be a wide-spread issue - you're not the only one affected

We'll need to wait for Azure Support to step in

hth
    Marcin

Friday, March 20, 2020 9:50 PM
  • Hello. Am in Uganda.

I am trying to create a new SQL database and therefore a new server (using the free account).  On the 'location' field, every location I choose is rejected with a message "This location is not available for subscription".

Saturday, March 21, 2020 4:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am trying to create a sql server on azure but it's saying that with with msdn subscription I cannot create database in this location. It's not allowing to select any location for creating the database and throwing the same error.

Regards,

Amit S

Saturday, March 21, 2020 2:25 PM
  • Hi Amit

this appears to be a wide spread issue - needs to be resolved by Azure support

hth
    Marcin

Saturday, March 21, 2020 2:57 PM
  • Having same issue on my end for the past 24 hours. Unable to resolve through re-registering services.
    Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:57 PM
  • I too have had the problem for about 24 hours using the free account.  I tried the Navtej steps and the problem persists.
    Saturday, March 21, 2020 11:24 PM
  • Same issue.

When I try to create a server for SQL database i get the error.

I have the azure student subscription.

Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:47 AM
  • Any idea how long its takes Azure Support as the issue is still there today?
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:58 AM
  • Hi!

I have the same problem. I have a student subscription.  I tried to re-register too and nothing changed.
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 12:51 PM
  • I am also having the same issue from two days . I have the free subscription just trying to learn azure and data factory. I am not able to create a new server as well in all locations .First I thought its my free subscription but then I saw every one else can create it with there free subscriptions. pls help. 
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 1:56 PM
  • I also tried creating it from the CLI, but the result was the same..obviously, just thought you should know and not spend time trying it because it won't work no matter what.
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:08 PM
  • Thanks for your reply .Why wont it work .Is Microsoft system down . Is there a glitch or most of all is it my free subscription. 

<button id="speak-button" style="visibility:hidden;">Speak</button>
    • Edited by WaqasKK Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:20 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:19 PM
  • same problem here, the thing is the sandbox environment does let you chose location, but everything gets deleted after 4 hours...
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:01 PM
  • I have a paid subscription and it is not working, also asked a colleague from the office to try with his free sub, the result was the same. There is an outage probably. 
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:53 PM
  • Hello there

We are facing an issue with provisioning new SQL resources in Free subscriptions.

Please try after a few hours.

Do let us know if you still have issues.

Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:21 PM
  • Hello there

We are facing an issue with provisioning new SQL resources mostly in Free subscriptions.

Please try after a few hours.

Do let us know if you still have issues.

Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:22 PM
  • Any update on this as it's been two days and I'll have to look elsewhere for a solution if I can't host a SQL server database in Azure.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 22, 2020 6:58 PM
  • I have used Free subscription before and I was able to create a DB server. But I cant  today in any region. I believe its an outage
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:45 PM
  • Any update on this outage?
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:58 PM
  • I tried this solutions and it still doesn't work.  Any ideas?
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:16 PM
  • Exactly the same issue here.
    Got Free Trial, had the issue, got told to upgrade to PAYG, did that, lost support and now need to pay $29 to get it.

Any update from anyone who has support with their upgraded "free" trial?

Cheers
    - James

Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:35 PM
  • I'm having this same issue right now with a newly created subscription (Free Trial) to azure portal.  I'm trying to create a server for an SQL pool for Azure Synapse Analytics.  I wondered if it was because of my new / likely limited account but based on this perhaps not.
    Sunday, March 22, 2020 9:03 PM
  • Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:36 PM
  • I am experiencing the same issue with a paid subscription on Australia East

Trevor Turner

Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:49 PM
  • Hello,

I've also created an account to try the cloud service because my next job is to implement an ETL pipeline using, maybe, Azure. So I'm studying the platform and I don't think the answer is to pay for the support service at this moment as the free trial should include the SQL Database as promised.

Best regards...

And I cant't insert a screenshot yet. Because I'm new to the forum. Maybe I'll never come back

Monday, March 23, 2020 1:39 AM
  • Hello Everyone

I have valid Azure Pass subscription and enough credit but still can't create a new SQL Server in any Azure Region. Facing this issue since last 3-4 days. Tried contacting Azure Support but its been 32 hours no response from them. Please guide. 

Monday, March 23, 2020 4:40 AM
  • I'm trying to create a new SQL Database as well. Looks like any location I pick gives "Location does not support this subscription." 
    Monday, March 23, 2020 6:00 AM
  • I have tried on a student subscription and free trial subscription... and when I create a new sql database and provide a location, it gives the error "Location does not support your subscription type" on all locations. 

How can I solve this issue? 

Monday, March 23, 2020 6:05 AM
  • I'm facing the same issue here. I have tried all the locations provided while creating SQL Database and still gives error "Location does not support your subscription".

any updates regarding this issue?

• Edited by Ram Fattah Monday, March 23, 2020 6:09 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 6:08 AM
  • It does not work either.
    Monday, March 23, 2020 6:55 AM
  • Thank you for your interest in Azure SQL Database.

Due to high demand for capacity in our datacenters, availability is limited for customers using free benefit subscriptions. 

We are working on adding more capacity and will provide more updates on this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Proposed as answer by HelgeDV Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:36 AM
    Monday, March 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Due to high demand for capacity in our datacenters, availability is limited for customers using free benefit subscriptions. 

We are working on adding more capacity and will provide more updates on this thread.

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:29 AM

We are working on adding more capacity and will provide more updates on this thread.

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:35 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the update. I m having Pay as you subscription but still having same issue in creating SQL server. 

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:17 AM
  • Me too, I don't mind paying for it - just need to know when capacity will be available as have a project to deploy and need to know if we need to go elsewhere.  Have raised a ticket as requested.
    Monday, March 23, 2020 11:03 AM
  • Hi Kalyan, Any update on this?
    Monday, March 23, 2020 11:53 AM
  • I am trying to create a sql server on azure (with my MSDN subscription) but I cannot create it (in any location) to after that create the database. It's not allowing to select any location for creating the server.

Error "This location is not available for subscription".

Any update about this issue? I need to create a new server to make a PoC to use in a new project...

SaraGoncalves

Monday, March 23, 2020 12:53 PM
  • Hi, 

I'm trying to create an instance of SQL server from my Visual studio Enterprise Subscription, but I'm getting the information message that my subscription location is not allowed. No matter the location I select, it won't allow the creation, and I already tried every locations possible.
    Monday, March 23, 2020 2:14 PM
  • Is there a fix for this?  I am seeing exact same problem - it has been happening for at least a week now. 
    Monday, March 23, 2020 3:26 PM
  • Hi All

Please check the announcement from MS Team regarding this:

It also provides links to other articles to follow in this issue.

Please use the Azure Portal to raise your request. Please follow instructions here to request access to a region. The access will be checked from case to case and access to locations given.

MS is committed to help every one but all of us are in the situation which has never occurred before and we continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Monday, March 23, 2020 4:08 PM
  • First link not working for me... thank you anyways for trying to help.
    Monday, March 23, 2020 6:39 PM
  • as of today march 23 2020, After getting in contact with Azure Support team I found out that this is due to Outbreak of COVID-19 virus some subscription affect the capacity request for regions. Hopefully this issue will be resolved very soon or try to get in contact with support team help you through this.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:28 AM
  • Hi Kalyan,

I have purchased MSDN subscription costing $1200 so it is not just for free subscriptions.

When is is the ETA on this. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers and upvote them if they help. Thanks & Regards, Balu

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:26 AM
  • Hi Kalyan,

I have a enterprise subscription behaving the same way which costs $12,00. My company bought me a subscription costing $10,000 and both are not working. This is very critical for us. When would this be resolved. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers and upvote them if they help. Thanks & Regards, Balu

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:28 AM
  • Hi All!!

I was trying to raise a request , by following your instructions , but my free trial subscription doesn`t let me do this. It is said , that Your free trial subscription isn't eligible for a quota increase. So, how can i raise a request??

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:09 PM
  • Hi All!!

I was trying to raise a request , by following your instructions , but my free trial subscription doesn`t let me do this. It is said , that Your free trial subscription isn't eligible for a quota increase. So, how can i raise a request??

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:15 PM
  • I am facing the same issues...

I am trying to create a SQL Server and a SQL Database instance in the West Europe region, however the only two European regions I am able to use is Switzerland North and France Central...

Does anyone have any official information on this outage?

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:26 PM
  • Hello Balu,

This should not be the case with Enterprise subscriptions.

Please file an issue with Azure Support from the Azure portal and you should be unblocked.

Do let us know if it still doesn't work for you.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:32 PM
  • I have some issue with EA and CSP subscriptions
    • Proposed as answer by Cihan Turgut Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:39 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cihan Turgut Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:29 PM
  • We are wating for upgrading capacity.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:40 PM
  • I am getting the same message no matter what location I choose.  I was really hoping to create this database so I can perform a demo later today.  I have multiple subscriptions and it happens in all of them.

TonyT

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 4:49 PM
  • I get this on my Microsoft Partner Network Subscription that I get from Action Pack Benefits with $100 free credit.  Can't create SQL in any Region.

In our organization's EA, I can create SQL in some regions but many I can't.

http://www.shudnow.net

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 5:49 PM
  • I am trying it from subscriptions from MSDN accounts.  Mine is an Enterprise account giving $150 / month credit, with a full balance for the month.

TonyT

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 6:57 PM
  • Same issue here, we have an enterprise agreement.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:05 AM
  • Same issue here, we have a MPN agreement backed with pay per use.

Yesterday I requested a quota via the Azure support system as suggested above but it was not granted because of Corona. Good luck Microsoft and everybody, stay healthy!

Thank you for requesting additional quota. Unfortunately, due to unprecedented demand for Azure SQL DB's, we are not able to approve your quota request at this time.  

If your request is required to support COVID-19 workloads, please provide the relevant information below so your ticket can be triaged accordingly: 

• What is the COVID-19 related business need 
    • Flexibility on Azure region 
    • Minimum # of cores to be unblocked immediately 
    • How long you expect the amount you are requesting to last, and ramp plan to consume the full quantity 
    • Name of your team / organization and potential end customers impacted 

Apologies for the delay in being able to increase the quota on your Azure subscription, we will follow up as additional details and timelines are available.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:38 AM
  • I'm facing the same issue here. I have tried all the locations provided while creating SQL Database and still gives error "Location does not support your subscription".

any updates regarding this issue?

Same issue.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:26 AM
  • Same issue with Visual Studio Enterprise Subscription when trying to create a SQL Server. Tried 6 different common Regions
    • Edited by Alexander P Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:24 PM
  • I have a link that shows status but everything shows as green checks.  https://status.azure.com/en-us/status

Is there something else that can tell us when more DBs will be available, or if you can increase your quota?  Or do I need to keep this page up and hit refresh every 20 minutes?

TonyT

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:48 PM
  • hi there,

Are you now able to get past the location subscription error ? I am also on the free trial version and i am still encountering the location error today

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:20 PM
  • The status is shown green because existing Azure database instances are running okay and within limits. And in order to keep it that way new DB server instances are denied unless absolutely vital. But it would indeed be nice to be able to read this on the status panel and not in some support threat (we all thought there was something wrong with our account).
    I wouldn't count on this to be resolved any time soon (within a few days). It appears to be a capacity/resources issue that will be fixed when more cpu's/ram/storage/... is added to Azure.

RMM

• Edited by RMM65 Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:08 PM additional comments
    Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:00 PM
  • They should put a call out to all subscribers to go in and delete and test/training/play areas that are not needed or no longer being used to free up some space and resource.

TonyT

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 4:56 PM
  • Why don't they disable that functionality then, so people don't waste time?

Trying to create a SQL using Visual Studio Enterprise subscription, and getting the same error.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 2:26 AM
  • Is there ANY prediction of when it will work again?

Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:35 AM
  • Do you solve this problem yet?

Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:51 AM
  • Actually there are not existing words.

Microsoft is moving the whole business on the cloud, and there are not resources available???

fabio landi

Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

Same issue here for many days for all regions, both on free account (created to test if my VS account was at fault somehow) and Visual Studio pro subscription account. This has been going on for many days now, any ETA on a fix? 

Thursday, March 26, 2020 1:48 PM
  • I'm also experiencing this issue with a new subscription for a client. This is crazy, when can we expect a resolution?
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:43 PM
  • it will be hard to convince new customers of Azure if you can't show anything ...
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 4:10 PM
  • This problem is not limited to just SQL Server, it is occurring with MySQL, Postgres and MariaDb.
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 4:45 PM
  • Same problem here.

As of today, with a MPN payed subscription is impossibile to create a new Sql Server on any region

Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:41 PM
  • To all our Azure SQL Database customers,

Please read the following communication pertaining to this ongoing issue: Our commitment to customers and Microsoft cloud services continuity 

For more updated information, Please visit our Banner Post which we will be updating regularly as we get more information or resolution for the same.

If you are in a situation where you are in an immediate need to deploy services and are being blocked in doing so, please use the Azure Portal to raise your request. 

Microsoft Azure is committed to helping our customers. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community Engineering

Friday, March 27, 2020 12:10 AM
  • then please give us an approximate indication of when the problem will be solved
    Friday, March 27, 2020 10:43 AM
  • Still not working even if you upgrade to PAYGO.

BoroFC

Friday, March 27, 2020 2:56 PM
  • Just Spoke to MS, no ETA for a fix!

BoroFC

Friday, March 27, 2020 3:17 PM
  • I have tried this, but it still doesnt let me create the server or DB
    Friday, March 27, 2020 7:23 PM
  • I have the same problem
    Friday, March 27, 2020 9:21 PM
  • Guys, it won't work even if you switch to Cry-As-You-Pay plan...
    Friday, March 27, 2020 10:38 PM
  • Hi, still not working. With upgraded account. Is this some error / bug on MS's side?
    Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:52 AM
  • Hi, still not working. With upgraded account. Is this some error / bug on MS's side?
    Yes, it is
    Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:04 PM
  • And this has not been solved since March 20 ??
    Saturday, March 28, 2020 5:56 PM
  • Yes. We're waiting.
    Sunday, March 29, 2020 2:35 AM
  • To all our Azure SQL Database customers,

Please read the following communication pertaining to this ongoing issue: Our commitment to customers and Microsoft cloud services continuity 

For more updated information, Please visit our Banner Post which we will be updating regularly as we get more information or resolution for the same.

If you are in a situation where you are in an immediate need to deploy services and are being blocked in doing so, please use the Azure Portal to raise your request. 

Microsoft Azure is committed to helping our customers. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Azure CXP Community Engineering

Sunday, March 29, 2020 3:31 AM
  • I'm at the same point of everyone. Trying create my first server using Free Trial Subscription and catching the same error.

Waiting the resolution for the issue !

Best regards,

Renê Fernandes

Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:07 AM
  • Hi i tried for the same but not worked . any other solution please?

Sunday, March 29, 2020 10:27 AM
  • Customer Support told me that the SQL Service not supported in free Subscriptions ! 
    Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:53 AM
  • No,

SQL service is available in free subscription. I created it myself earlier (SQL server ).

• Edited by KPriye Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:34 PM
    Sunday, March 29, 2020 4:33 PM
  • Its almost 10 days this issue has still not been resolved . Any updates I just tried now and its still not working
    Monday, March 30, 2020 2:55 AM
  • May be you could check this blog,

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/update-2-on-microsoft-cloud-services-continuity/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. profile for Sajeetharan at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers www.sajeetharan.com

• Proposed as answer by M.Kuhlen Monday, March 30, 2020 10:50 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Thanks for sharing Sajeetharan. I think this goes someway to explaining this issue but not why some of us can't create SQL Server instances in any region at all.

In my case (and many cases) I suspect it is because my subscription was upgraded from a Free subscription (the "Offer" was still listed as "Free" despite being upgraded to PAYG). I've created a new subscription and now can create a SQL Server in various regions (but sadly only distant regions) so I've reached out to MS support again to see if they can help.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has this experience or words of wisdom.

Monday, March 30, 2020 3:03 PM
  • If it helps, I also ran into this issue just following along with the tutorial provided for Microsoft's learn subscription at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/provision-azure-sql-db/3-create-your-database

I honestly don't think your subscription matters. Seems to be just broken regardless of subscription.

Monday, March 30, 2020 5:06 PM
  • Just talked to chat.  Due to pandemic not available on Free plan.  Had to upgrade to pay as you go.  Once I did that I could create the SQL Server.
    Monday, March 30, 2020 10:39 PM
  • I had the visual studio subcription and i am still not able to create a new instance of sql azure. I also think that the problem is also related with the regions. 
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:14 AM
  • Just talked to chat.  Due to pandemic not available on Free plan.  Had to upgrade to pay as you go.  Once I did that I could create the SQL Server.

So it's real ? When upgrade for a paid subscription you create your SQL Server ?

It's a good news. Because there's a lot of people saying that not matter wich subcription type, The error persist.

I'll try to do the same!

Best regards,

Renê

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:28 AM
  • This is a faint excuse to give corona the cause that it is not possible to take out a free subscription. Now that we have some time through corona to figure out and try new things, we are being punished for this.
    Thank you, Microsoft, for putting up with your whims for so long.

Karel

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Hello Navtej S,

I have Visual Studio subscription and I have money in my account ($80.00) but i still cannot create SQL server. Getting the same message 'This location is not available for subscription.' I have made sure that my subscription has resource provider registered for VMSQLServer as mentioned in earlier post.

Please let me know what else is needed.

-Shilpa

Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:49 PM
  • I upgraded my free plan to Pay-As-You-Go and I still can't create a sql server. Is there any update on this issue?
    Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:22 PM
  • I upgraded my free plan to Pay-As-You-Go and I still can't create a sql server. Is there any update on this issue?

I did the same ... It's unbelievable how many days this is happening, and Microsoft just ignore !

Really ? What hell is going on ? 

Sunday, April 5, 2020 9:57 PM
  • It is useless trying to create a new support request. The only options are "Chat" which I have tried various times on different days at different times and it never connects, or Azure Community Support (here). 

I am trying to create my first Azure Synapse project and I could not be less impressed.

Sunday, April 5, 2020 11:06 PM
  • This thread is WEEKS old, not just days. Apparently Microsoft does not choose to fix this. 
    Sunday, April 5, 2020 11:11 PM
  • Yeah I gave up waiting and created my SQL Server on AWS. They're now getting my business instead.
    Monday, April 6, 2020 4:18 PM
  • This issue needs to be a higher priority. I deployed my project in AWS as well. 
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 4:45 AM
  • Im getting the same problem when I try to create SQL DB on Azure and I'm getting "this location is not available for subscription". 

Please guide ..

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:40 PM
  • April 10, Enterprise Agreement Sub still does not work for Europe. 

Ticket was created but completely ignored by support. 

Friday, April 10, 2020 9:48 AM
  • Hi all

I have a free subscription and like many of you, have been checking on this ongoing issue for the past several weeks. I just wanted to let everyone who's watching know that as of Today (4/12/2020) I was able to create my SQL database in my preferred region.  so you may want to check again. 

Sunday, April 12, 2020 3:36 PM
  • UPDATE !  from my end, I am able to create the sql database as well.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2020 4:04 AM
  • I was able to create a new server but only in US. Europe was not possible.
    Karel
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 1:01 PM
  • I created my server using East US yesterday (14/04/2020), indeed I wanted to create in South Brazil, but is not working yet. So when this location come back I'll migrate.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:04 PM