none
SSAS Reporting Action with Parameter Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am having an issue setting up a reporting action with a parameter in one of my cubes.  In all of the examples I see online, the reporting action connects to a reporting services report with a SSAS data source and uses syntax like UrlEscapeFragment(STRTOMEMBER({[Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember})) to pass the parameter over. 

I want to connect to a SQL report via the reporting action, so I know I need to convert the member to string and in a format SQL will recognise.  I have tried using UrlEscapeFragment(MEMBERTOSTR({[Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember})) but it does not work.  I have made sure that the member I am trying to pass into the parameter fits the format expected by the SQL dataset.  I have also tested the parameter using a constant hardcoded value and the report just works fine.  Can anybody help?

Thanks

Monday, December 1, 2008 7:55 PM

Answers

• "I have tried using UrlEscapeFragment(MEMBERTOSTR({[Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember})) but it does not work. .." - if you look at the Sales Reason Comparisons reporting action, the UniqueName of the member is passed, like:

Code Snippet
    UrlEscapeFragment([Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember.UniqueName)

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:43 PM

All replies

• "I have tried using UrlEscapeFragment(MEMBERTOSTR({[Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember})) but it does not work. .." - if you look at the Sales Reason Comparisons reporting action, the UniqueName of the member is passed, like:

Code Snippet
    UrlEscapeFragment([Date].[NK Full Date].currentmember.UniqueName)

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:43 PM
  • Thanks for replying to my issue.  I am still getting an error after using your code snippet above.  Do I need to worry about converting the dimension member back to a string before passing it to the SQL dataset that runs on the report?  From your example above, it does not seem like I need to worry about using the membertostr function.  I am not sure why this is not working as the members of the NK Full Date attribute is formatted as 2008-09-01 00:00:00..etc. and my dataset query is setup very simplistically as:

Select * from factgross
    where NK_Payment_Date = @StartDate

Any insight would be appreciated.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 6:02 PM
  • I fixed the issue.  I needed to make sure I have the following options set for the reporting action:  Target Type = Cells, Target Object = All Cells.  I had them set to Level member and MeasuresLevel.  Thanks for you assistance!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:04 PM