none
Keep footer at the bottom of the page RRS feed

• Question

• When I view my report on the Portal the page footer is not located at the end of the page:

But when print previewing it looks correct:

Any idea why?

Thanks

Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:57 AM

All replies

• That means it generates a blank page at the end, so then you to play with width and height of the report 

Also read this article

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35617678/make-footer-appear-at-the-bottom-of-report-page-even-if-there-is-no-data

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:08 PM
  • I tried that rectangle trick. It worked, but only for the first page.
    Sunday, October 15, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Hi markgoldin,

According to your description, I am unable to reproduce your issue. When I set page footer properties like below

It displays in Report Manager and Print Preview.

Will it display in SSDT or Report Builder? And please check whether you have set visibility on item in page footer.

In addition, you said you use rectangle trick, if possible, could you please inform me your current design and current output in screenshots or drawings? So that I will help you correctly.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 6:09 AM
  • I am not saying it's not shown. It's not positioned at the bottom of the page. 
    Monday, October 16, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hi markgoldin,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your issue. Based on my research, I think your issue is caused by the renders, it might be by design.

The Report Manager use the soft page-break render(MTHML) as default, which renders reports that grow or shrink depending on the contents of the page. Reports rendered in these formats are optimized for screen-based viewing, such as in a Web browser.  And the PDF is hard page-break render which maintains the report layout and formatting.  So you will get the different viewing experience. It is by default. You could refer to Page Layout and Rendering and Pagination in Reporting Services for details.

In addition, I suggest you submit the requirement at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/.  If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:31 AM