none
Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing the error while connecting to oracle  server from SSDTBI 2012 SSIS package.

I installed Oracle 11g client and adapter "AttunitySSISOraAdaptersSetupX64".

But still getting the same error:

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provider is unable to function until these components are installed."

Can anybody suggest me the solution .

Thanks

Bikram

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to install the 64bit Oracle client.  This one will do: Oracle Instant Client x64

For the Attunity connector you just need the basic Oracle client (OCI).  But that package also includes the ODBC and OleDB drivers.  After you install the driver you need to ensure that the folder containing oci.dll is in the path and reboot.

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Hi Bikram,

SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools) is only a 32-bit application. If the 64-bit Oracle client is installed but SSIS is being executed with the 32-bit dtexec executable, SSIS will not be able to find the Oracle client. So the error occurs.

In order to fix this issue, please install the 32-bit Oracle client side-by-side with the 64-bit client. For more details, please refer to the following blog:
    http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jorg_klein/archive/2011/06/09/ssis-connect-to-oracle-on-a-64-bit-machine.aspx

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 24, 2014 8:35 AM
  • Hi Katherine,

I installed Oracle 10g client both 64 bit and 32 bit.

Now i am getting a different error while connecting from SSIS 2005 and 2012.

I selected the provider "Oracle Provider for OLEDB" and got the following error

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider."

I selected the provider "Microsoft Provider for Oracle" and got the following error

"Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory in the user side"

Can you pls guide me further.

Thanks

Bikram

Monday, October 27, 2014 11:58 AM
  • Is there any more detail on the failure when using "Oracle Provider for OLEDB", which is the correct OleDB provider?

Is the failure in SSDT, or dtexec.exe?

David

David http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dbrowne/

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

Now the connection problem solved.

I uninstalled 10g and installed 11g both 64 and 32 bit.

And its connecting from SSIS 2012.

Thank you all.

Bikram

Monday, October 27, 2014 3:09 PM