none
SSIS Package Upgrade from 2008 to 2016 - not showing Upgrade Message RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow SSISers,

I have a new box with VS Data tool vs 2015.  On it is Integartion services sql 2016. No other integration services is installed.

I have packages from sql 2008 (from a different box) that I have added into a ssis project (using package deployment method) on this new box.

I have not see any type of "Your package has been upgraded message".

Why?

How do I tell IF it upgraded successfully?

Thanks

MG

Monday, January 21, 2019 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi MG,

You can change the TargetServerVersion to SQL Server 2016 in Project Property. 

And run the package.

If the execution result is success, it means the package has been updated to SSIS 2016 successfully. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by mg101 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi MG,

You can change the TargetServerVersion to SQL Server 2016 in Project Property. 

And run the package.

If the execution result is success, it means the package has been updated to SSIS 2016 successfully. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by mg101 Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:24 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:57 AM
  • HI Yang.Z

Thanks for the info. We checked that and it is fine.

MG

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:24 PM