none
Distributed availability group on the Azure VM's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I was looking for documentation to setup distributed availability group on the Azure VM's , I looked at msdn site but couldn't find anything specific to azure distributed availability groups setup steps . 

Looking for guidance on distributed AG implementation steps for Azure VM's. 

Thanks, 

Sunday, August 2, 2020 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi sangem18,

Do you need to build two WSFC clusters on Azure VM and create availability groups on each cluster, and then create distributed availability groups across these two separate availability groups.

I suggest you read the MS document  Tutorial: Configure a SQL Server availability group on Azure Virtual Machines manually and Configure an Always On distributed availability group.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 3, 2020 6:15 AM
  • Hi Sangem,

MS does not have docs for DAG in Azure yet, you may refer the articles suggested by Chis.

They process is very similar. Please note, when you great DAG , make sure the two AG in deployed in same region, else you have to deploy virtual network gateway or other feature to connect two regions...

https://sqlserverbang.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 3, 2020 4:24 PM
  • Hi sangem18,

Is there any update on this case? Was your issue resolved?
    If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cris

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, August 7, 2020 8:39 AM