one aditional reporting services to SQL 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

I have one SQL server 2017 with 6 instances and one reporting services running.

Could I add one addition reporting services that will work with one of the SQL instances it has.

I mean, from a remote product I will connect to this reporting services but the one that it's already running is not the one I will configure as additional reporting service

Warm regards MeVs

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 2:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi MeVs,

You could not add one addition reporting services in the same machine.

Multiple instances are not supported in SSRS 2017 as of now.

There is a feedback request asking this feature to be restored.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server/suggestions/33212713-restore-multiple-instance-support-for-reporting-se

Regards,

Zoe

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

• Edited by Zoehui-MSFT Wednesday, August 12, 2020 5:44 AM typo
    • Proposed as answer by Zoehui-MSFT Monday, August 17, 2020 9:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by MeVs Thursday, August 20, 2020 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2020 3:11 AM
  • Since SSRS version 2017 you can install only one SSRS instance per server, but that one can consume data from all the 6 SQL Server instances (and other data sources).

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Marked as answer by MeVs Friday, August 14, 2020 12:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by MeVs Friday, August 14, 2020 12:14 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2020 6:14 AM
  • How can I use Repoting services with Operation Manager and Configuration Manager if one of them is using reporting services and the other will need to use repoting services also to be assigned by an Config Mgr role?

Any aditional information will be given

Warm regards MeVs

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Do you mean that you are using SCOM?

Regards,

Zoe

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !

Thursday, August 13, 2020 1:28 AM
  • Yes.
    But I think you've already gave me the answer.
    If I used SCOM with RP (SQL 2017) then I could not use RP with SCCM. BTW both RP would probable be in the same server if it was SQL server 2016, don't you?

Warm regards MeVs

Friday, August 14, 2020 12:18 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

I think you're absolutely right!

If you do not have other concerns, please also don't forget  to mark as answer!

Wish you a nice day!

Regards,

Zoe

Friday, August 14, 2020 1:21 AM