none
Changed server IP address and now I cant access reporting services via browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have had a stable SQL reporting services environment for many years. Yesterday I had to change my hosted windows server IP address. I connect to that server thru a vpn and remote desktop.  This server is where my SQL reporting services resides.    Today I can’t access my reports from a browser,  but I can once I am logged into the server via vpn, rdp.    Do I need to update the  SSRS URL ip address in configuration manager?

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

From your description, I can only have a vaguely understanding of your issue. Could you clarify :

----Today I can’t access my reports from a browser,  but I can once I am logged into the server via vpn, rdp.

What is the actual issue here?   Did you do not need VPN before?  Could you please explain more?

----Do I need to update the  SSRS URL ip address in configuration manager?

The SSRS is hosted in your remote ssrs server, which has your machinename/reportserver as URL. What you meant to configure the IP address?

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:05 AM
  • We always used a VPN.  The only thing we changed from a stable working environment is our servers external IP address.  Now we cant access the SQL reports externally from the server using a browser. 

Our SSRS for access outside the server we used http://ipaddress/reports/pages/folder.aspxp.

This is the only report access that isnt working

Friday, October 11, 2019 11:18 PM
  • We always used a VPN.  The only thing we changed from a stable working environment is our servers external IP address.  Now we cant access the SQL reports externally from the server using a browser. 

Our SSRS for access outside the server we used http://ipaddress/reports/pages/folder.aspxp.

This is the only report access that isnt working

Is that external IP address different from the server IP address?  How are you accessing the reports when RDP to the server - are you using a different IP address/name?

If the external address is NAT'd - or it resides on a Netscaler or some other appliance, then you would need to update that configuration.

Finally - you should not be using the IP address, you should be using a name that is setup and configured in DNS.  This way you can change the actual IP address and just update the DNS entry - instead of changing shortcuts for all users.

Jeff Williams

Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:55 PM