none
One of the SQL Server Reporting service does not work RRS feed

• Question

• An
      error occurred during client rendering.
      • An
        error has occurred during report processing.
        • Query
          execution failed for dataset 'X'.
          • Login
            failed for user 'X'.

The same datasource works on other reports but it does not on this report.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:42 PM

Answers

• Thank you all, I am working with the user and the target server is missing from the stored procedure that is used to create the report. I will send more information next week.
    • Marked as answer by Avyayah Monday, December 9, 2019 9:52 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 10:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could kindly provide the error info in SSRS logs.(The trace log).

Is this a shared datasource or embedded one? If it is embedded datasource kindly check if the credential for the data source was set with correct user name and password. Also check if the user x has sufficient right to connect the datasource and query for the data.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:13 AM
  • "Login failed for user: X" means the stored credentials for the data source don't have the permissions to access the data source; so check the credentials.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Thank you all, I am working with the user and the target server is missing from the stored procedure that is used to create the report. I will send more information next week.
    • Marked as answer by Avyayah Monday, December 9, 2019 9:52 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 10:58 PM