none
Axis starting at edge of label and not edge of chart RRS feed

• Question

• My current problem is hard to articulate the right value to change on the property sheet, so I'll post with pictures.  The first image is the design view, which shows the labels centered underneath the bars, and the bars fitting nicely inside the area.  The second shows the labels pushed all the way to corners of the chart area with margins on (so there's no bars above them).  The last picture shows the label centered under the cluster of 3 bars, with the label in the corner, the center bar cut in half with the left side not showing bar 1 and the right side not showing bar 3.

The idea is that there are 3 Quarters (Apr - Dec) and there might be up to 6 Quarters and it isn't showing the data right.

Report in design view

• Edited by Steven A Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:47 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• This image here

• Edited by Steven A Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

Based on the screen shot, it seems that you had changed the horizontal Axis options with Scalar (Numbers/Dates) type.
    If so, please specify the axis range and interval property as follows:
    Minimum=0, Maximum=6,Interval=1, Interval type=’Number’.

If I have any misunderstanding, please post the following information for further analysis:
    1. The version of the SQL Server instance
    2. A screen shot of the axis options of the horizontal axis properties dialog box.
    For more information, please see: Formatting Axis Labels on a Chart

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Hi Fanny!

This is on a 2008R2 box using SSRS.  After making the changes you put forth, it seems like it is centering the report in the middle and still chopping stuff off on either side.  The data range I'm using is from 04-01-2012 to 12-13-2012 (3 Quarters) and it is chopping off everything else if I go beyond that.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:22 PM