none
with a Database project with schema and post deploys, is there a way to NOT run the post deploy scripts (like a option) RRS feed

• Question

• with a Database project with schema and post deploys, is there a way to NOT run the post deploy scripts (like a option).

I have a database project that also has a couple dozen post deploy scripts that are setup to be applied.

is there a way to deploy that database project without applying the post deploy data scripts?

thanks

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:14 PM

All replies

• I went ahead and just created a separate solution/dbproj to handle schema only.

I believe that having Schema and data in 2 different db projects is the way to go.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Define a SQLCMD variable, i.e., $(DeployPostScript). You need to add the IF statement in those post scripts which may or may not run based on $(DeployPostScript) = 1 or 0

IF $(DeployPostScript) = 1

BEGIN
     -- Your Code
    END

A Fan of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS

• Edited by Guoxiong Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, November 15, 2019 7:01 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:26 PM
  • Your post deployment scripts must be re-runnable.  They are run every time you deploy the dacpac.

So the simplest solution to your problem is to add some criteria to the post deploy script like:

IF (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tbl)=0 

BEGIN

-- Seed table

END

Else

PRINT 'Table already populated.  No changes made'

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, November 15, 2019 7:01 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:49 PM