Can anyone please respond to below interview questions, I need some understanding. I tried to google it but no-luck ?. Especially 5th question, its quite confusing because
everyone approach or suggest different way. Is there any best practice like check 1, 2, 3 etc...
1. Difference between Logical Page and Physical Page in SSRS.
2. Name and Describe few console utilities for SSRS.
3. Describe different Processing Modes offered by SSRS.
4. How can you monitor the report usage.
5. A report is Performing poorly . What steps you would take to
troubleshoot the Issue.
2. (i) RSConfig.exe - Configuration of connection properties between the Report Server to the repository database.
(ii) RSKeyMgmt.exe - Management of encryption keys via command-line
(iii) RS.exe - Scripting of report deployment
3. It is related to the processing mode funcitonality of ReportViewer control in .NET.
(i) Local processing mode provides an alternative method for viewing and rendering reports when Reporting Services is not installed. In local processing mode, your application provides the report definition and datasets and triggers
(ii) Remote Processing Specifies remote processing mode against a Reporting Services report server. Data retrieval and report processing happen on the Report Server and the control is used for display and report navigation. This
model allows you to build rich applications that can be scaled from desktop to the enterprise.
Refer: Read the Report Viewer Controls section in this
link for more details.
4. You can monitor the report usage using execution logs. Check this link:
Alternatively you can query reportServer database as follows:
SELECT ex.UserName, ex.Format, ex.TimeStart, cat.Name,
CONVERT(nvarchar(10), ex.TimeStart, 101) AS rundate
FROM ExecutionLog AS ex, Catalog AS cat
WHERE ex.ReportID = cat.ItemID
ORDER BY ex.TimeStart DESC