none
Master Data Services 2016 Web Application stopped working after installing SQL Server 2016 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have SQL Server 2016 SP1, Master data Services, and Data Quality Services installed on same server. I upgraded SQL Server to SP2. After that Master Data Services web application stopped working and returning following error.

Do I need to upgrade the Master Data Services web application? If answer is yes, how can i Upgrade?

The error on web application is:

Server Error in '/MDS' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AI.Web' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hi KhanVenom! 

I haven't seen that error before but maybe if you could provide some more error details perhaps I could try to help you out.

Have you tried running the Master Data Servicea configuration utility after the upgrade to SP2 ?

BR!

/Fredrik

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:20 AM
  • I was able to resolved the issue. After installing SQL Server service pack, the Master data Services need to be upgraded and MDS web application assemblies need to be upgrade.

This step is not mentioned anywhere in SQL Server Service Installation instructions.

Everyone, be careful while installing services packs on SQL Server when you have MDS and DQS services installed.

Monday, August 19, 2019 4:59 PM