none
Import Excel sheet with SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My problem is to import an excel sheet in a workbook with SSIS.

My excel sheet is like this:

and i want the result be like this:

Cordially.

chniter sami

Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is not a lucky layout for importing with SSIS. Obviously the best would be to have a tabular format, but in that case, you wouldn't ask how to import it :)

What I can suggest is

1) some Excel magic: First, convert your original table into the form as you provided on the second picture. This way you'll have the data in a format which you can easily import with SSIS. Then create two PivotTables on a separate worksheet, and you will be able to display the data with a similar layout as it had earlier.

2) If you can't change it for some reason, then try to create "named ranges" in Excel, and use them as data sources in SSIS. Union them, and you'll have the data in SSIS.

Hope it helps,

Zoli

• Marked as answer by Sami CHNITER Monday, July 9, 2012 7:08 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I doubt that this is possible with import excel task.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

This is not a lucky layout for importing with SSIS. Obviously the best would be to have a tabular format, but in that case, you wouldn't ask how to import it :)

What I can suggest is

1) some Excel magic: First, convert your original table into the form as you provided on the second picture. This way you'll have the data in a format which you can easily import with SSIS. Then create two PivotTables on a separate worksheet, and you will be able to display the data with a similar layout as it had earlier.

2) If you can't change it for some reason, then try to create "named ranges" in Excel, and use them as data sources in SSIS. Union them, and you'll have the data in SSIS.

Hope it helps,

Zoli

• Marked as answer by Sami CHNITER Monday, July 9, 2012 7:08 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:49 AM