WordPress site HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems with my WordPress blog hosted as Azure WebSite. Two days ago I added Application Insights to my website, and everything was working fine after that. Suddenly yesterday my page stopped working. It's returning

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

I tried following:

- removed Application Insights from WebSite

- restarted the WebSite several times

I also didn't find anything interesting in the logs. Azure portal says website is running, but from the chart I can see that somethings totally broken, no traffic hits the server (I can't include a picture...), etc.

Questions:

- how to fix it?

- what should I look for in the logs? Which logs should I look at?

- How to get my data out of Azure MySQL database so that I could just simply remove that website and start a new one from scratch.

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:23 AM

Answers

• OK. That worked. I lost all the pictures and style/script changes I made to my old WordPress instance, but at least database and content wasn't lost.
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:28 AM

All replies

• I can see following in the event logs:

<Event><System><Provider Name="W3SVC-WP"/><EventID>2307</EventID><Level>3</Level><Task>0</Task><Keywords>Keywords</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-16T06:27:18Z"/><EventRecordID>50726656</EventRecordID><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>RD00155DE07B79</Computer><Security/></System><EventData><Data>mjuraszek</Data><Data>Config section 'system.webServer/runtime' already defined. Sections must only appear once per config file. See the help topic &lt;location&gt; for exceptions
    </Data><Data>\\?\C:\DWASFiles\Sites\mjuraszek\Config\applicationhost.config</Data><Data>931</Data><Binary>B7000000</Binary></EventData></Event>

Looks pretty bad.

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi Sir,

It seems that Azure have the maintace about Azure AI. Please see Azure status dashboard (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#history ).

January 2015

1/18

Application Insights - Multi-Region - Advisory

From 03:15 AM to 07:35 UTC on 18 January, 2015 customers using Application Insights in multiple regions may have been unable to view telemetry data in the Azure Preview Portal (portal.azure.com). This incident has now been mitigated.

If you want to remove website and stay the MySQL database, I suggest you could unlink the MySQL database resource firstly, and then delete your website. After you create a new one, you can link the MySQL DB again.

Any information about this issue, Please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 19, 2015 2:51 AM
  • The problem still exists, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the Advisory, as it was happaning way before 1/18.
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:00 AM
  • Trying to create new website with the same mySQL database now.
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:17 AM
  • OK. That worked. I lost all the pictures and style/script changes I made to my old WordPress instance, but at least database and content wasn't lost.
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:28 AM
  • hi marcinJuraszek,

Glad to hear that the problem was gone. But for your files lost, I suggest you could try to use Azure websites backups(http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-backup/) next time. Also, you could see this docs:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh831344.aspx

Regards,

Will 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, January 25, 2015 2:33 PM