none
Parameter Validation for Floats

Question

• Why is the validatation of parameters of type float not working properly. I keep getting the error:

An error occured during local report processing. The value provided for the report paramter 'EstimatedAmount" is not valid for its type.

Friday, May 5, 2006 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Could you please provide more information.

Friday, May 5, 2006 5:02 PM
  • Sure. I am using Visual Studio .NET 2005 with SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.

I have a report parameter called "EstimatedAmount" that I set the Data Type to "Float". The available values are not predefined. The default value is 0.

I click on the Preview tab and then enter an alpha into the Esimated Amount paramter textbox. It then gives me the error I listed above.

When I deploy these reports to the web, I get the same ugly error.

Friday, May 5, 2006 5:13 PM
  • Hi

Do you know how to validate input parameters in RS2005? I have two dates as input Say "Start Date" and "End Date". I want to check that the "Start Date" should always be less than or equal to the "End Date". Any Idea how can we do this?

Thanks;
    Rakesh

Friday, May 5, 2006 8:58 PM
  • Can anyone help me with this? It seems that validation for a float or integer should work out of the box, but it just doesn't.
    Monday, May 8, 2006 1:24 PM
  • Should a javascript alert popup occur if you put an alpha character into a parameter that is set to an int or float?
    Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:30 AM