none
SSMS 18.3.1 Column width is not auto sizing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have noticed that in SSMS 18.3.1 there are a lot more columns that are not auto sizing.

Is there a setting that can be changed or adjusted to have all columns or most columns automatically show the correct size.

I am noticing this happening more on dates and integer columns.

Thank you,

Sylvia

Monday, October 14, 2019 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Sylviarf,

>>Is there a setting that can be changed or adjusted to have all columns or most columns automatically show the correct size.

I didn't find any settings to change it .Would you please try to use 'Results to Text' ? It shows normal size in the form of text:

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Hi

According to similar questions in stackoverflow - it is not possible

Guy

TIA Guy Cohen

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Thank you for your response. I did find that changing the font actually helps. I changed the font to Courier New which is a monospaced type font.

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Thank you for your response.  I did find that changing the font actually helps.  I changed the font to Courier New which is a monospaced type font.

Thank you!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Dedmon,

Results as text will not work for us.

Do you know why it changed from 18.1 to 18.3.1?  The issue is not as bad in 18.1. 

Example:

18.1 Date field will show '2019-10-15'

18.3.1 Same date field shows '2019-10-..'

Will this be fixed?

Thank you,

Sylvia

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:32 PM
  • Hi Sylviarf,

I  recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server . This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:14 AM
  • I'm seeing the same problem.  It's especially annoying with numeric columns.

I reverted back to 18.2 and the problem is gone.

Didn't try changing the font.

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:12 PM
  • Hello,

This is fixed in 18.4 :)

Thanks,

Sylvia

Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:30 PM