none
How to visually group a star schema? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a multiple star schemas in the same project file. In the "Diagram" tab, I would like to enclose each star schema in a "box" for the sake of visual organization. Is there such a feature?

EDIT: Here is what my window looks like:

• Edited by Oliver Eye Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• No.

I never found the diagrams feature useful. You should use an external program for this, like Visio or a modelling tool.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Hi Oliver Eye,

What tools are you using? Would you please  show us a screenshot to make it easier for us to understand your issue?

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Here it is, I just scratched out some sensitive info, but this is what my window looks like.Here it is, I just scratched out some sensitive information here and there, but this is what my window looks like.
    • Edited by Oliver Eye Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:46 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi 

Earlier I used a tool called DB Schema which is pretty easy & expects less time to develop and its not costly too :). Have a look on the tool.

https://dbschema.com/

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Well, as earlier wrote:

For documentation purposes I often use Visio. For working with partial schema views I use Redgate's Dependency Tracker.

But you may should look in ERwin.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:58 AM