none
Oracle client and networking components were not found.The components are supplied by Oracle.Provider is unable to function RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
         I have Oracle Client installed on  a pc and i have some asp.net apps that works with oracle using Oracle.DataAcess.Client
    I can also connect to the oracle databse all fine.
    but when i drag in the OLEDB destination and choose  the Native OLEB \Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle.
    I keep getting the error:

Oracle client and networking components were not found.The components  are  supplied by Oracle.Provider is unable to function

Any ideas.
    It seems i'm missing a dll registry as SSIS  can't see it.

Chreers

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Patrick.I,

According to the error message that you have provided, please take the following steps and then check if it works for you.

1. Try a test connection in oracle's sql plus utility. If the connection fails you have a bad installation or configuration of oracle client components.

2. If the oracle is first installed on IIS you should reboot at once.

3. If theire is multiple copies of OCIW32.dll you have to make sure that there is only one copy of OCIW32.dll which should be in /Bin folder of the oracle home folder.

4. Add the IUSR_machine name account and the IWAM_machine name account to the Oracle home folder. Give both accounts full control.

To do this, right-click on the Oracle home folder in Windows Explorer. Click Properties, and then click the Security tab. Add the appropriate accounts and then give them full control. Restart your computer.

Hope these could help you.

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:55 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:59 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:22 AM
  • Hi Patrick.I,

According to the error message that you have provided, please take the following steps and then check if it works for you.

1. Try a test connection in oracle's sql plus utility. If the connection fails you have a bad installation or configuration of oracle client components.

3. If theire is multiple copies of OCIW32.dll you have to make sure that there is only one copy of OCIW32.dll which should be in /Bin folder of the oracle home folder.

4. Add the IUSR_machine name account and the IWAM_machine name account to the Oracle home folder. Give both accounts full control.

To do this, right-click on the Oracle home folder in Windows Explorer. Click Properties, and then click the Security tab. Add the appropriate accounts and then give them full control. Restart your computer.

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:55 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:59 AM
  • There is only a 32bit microsoft oledb provider for oracle available, try to set the property Run64BitRuntime to False, this property can by found under project > properties > debugging.

• Proposed as answer by BramDe Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Hi Patrick.I,

Thanks,
    Eileen

The 2nd one worked for me, Thank you dear
    Friday, August 24, 2012 12:14 PM