Trying to deploy SSAS project: DIME protocol error: The '9' DIME version is not supported. Only version 1 is supported
DIME is a communication protocol -- do you have anything configured on the box you are trying to deploy to that is very different from an out of the box install? Message Queuing, etc?
Reference for DIME in SSAS: http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/9/3/79326e29-1e2e-45ee-aa73-74043587b17d/[MS-SSAS9].pdf
Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!
I met the same error message.
1) installed MS SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 on MS Windows Server 2008 R2 Standart Edition Rus
2) installed SP 1.
3) successfully connected to MSAS as different users who were admins of MSAS and worked with it.
4) installed Oracle g11 R2.
5) updated Internet Explorer to version 9.0.
6) when trying to connect to MSAS - the error message appeared that can be translated from Russian as "The '9' DIME version is not supported. Only version 1 is supported.".
7) replaced the windows account of MSAS Service by my current user account.
8) now successfully connected to MSAS!
What is the reason of this error? Oracle? IE 9?