Clarification about video trailer and "16:9 Super hero art" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I need some clarifications about trailer and "16:9 Super hero art" in order to publish a new version (Submission 7) of my app on the Windows Store. My app is not a real game, but it's really related to the videogame world (it's a flight data recorder to be used with MS Flight Simulator), so in these days I created a video trailer to promote it.

1) I don't know how exactly the trailer is shown on the Microsoft Store. For example, is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpflJTayoLM good to be used as trailer on the MS Store? For example, if I look the trailer of Gears Tactics for Windows 10 here (https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/p/gears-tactics-windows-10/9pnj8vxwq8hn?cid=msft_web_gamesforwindows_spotlight&activetab=pivot:overviewtab) it seems that the video is partially hidden by the game informations below. Is it ok to have text on a trailer? Is the text really visible or is it better to remove written text? Or is it better to put the text on the upper portion of the video?

2) I don't know how the image "16:9 Super hero art" should be. When this images appears? After or before the trailer? And where? Is there any example to follow?

Thanks for your support!!!

-- Igor Damiani Senior .NET Developer (MCP, MCTS) My Blog : http://blog.vivendobyte.net

Thursday, September 17, 2020 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, the trailer is shown on the top the store page and some of the part might be hidden by the app information. I'm not sure what is the text you mentioned about but we do not suggest include text in the bottom third of the tariler (since in some layouts we may apply a gradient over that portion).

The super hero art image only shows if you don't have a trailer. But if you want to upload a trailer, the super hero art image is required .

You could refer to this document for more information:App screenshots, images, and trailers

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, September 18, 2020 3:38 AM
  • Hi

Maybe there is something missed. Could you please open a free support ticket about this here: Contact Us

Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select issue type for this.  The store team could talk to you and check if there are something missed.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Monday, September 21, 2020 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, the trailer is shown on the top the store page and some of the part might be hidden by the app information. I'm not sure what is the text you mentioned about but we do not suggest include text in the bottom third of the tariler (since in some layouts we may apply a gradient over that portion).

The super hero art image only shows if you don't have a trailer. But if you want to upload a trailer, the super hero art image is required .

You could refer to this document for more information:App screenshots, images, and trailers

Best regards,

Roy

Friday, September 18, 2020 3:38 AM
  • Hello Roy,

the submission 7 of my app is passed, with the video trailer and with "16:9 Super hero art" image.

Take a look on the image below: it's a portion of the Store app of my just published app. The trailer is not shown on the top of the Windows Store page, but it appears after the screenshots. If you click the Play button, the video runs in full screen, so in my opinion include text or any kind of informations is good. There are no gradients and the text is perfectly visible.

The "16:9 Super hero art" image appears instead on the top.

In general, the theory written here is good, but not so good, because at the end the final result is different.

-- Igor Damiani Senior .NET Developer (MCP, MCTS) My Blog : http://blog.vivendobyte.net

Friday, September 18, 2020 12:50 PM
  • Hi

Maybe there is something missed. Could you please open a free support ticket about this here: Contact Us

Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select issue type for this.  The store team could talk to you and check if there are something missed.

Best regards,

Roy

Monday, September 21, 2020 7:09 AM
  • Hello Roy,

I marked your post as answer, because now my app is displayed correctly on the Windows Store as expected. Sometimes the video trailer appears, sometimes not, peraphs it depends on the PC, on the current network performance, or maybe there are some differences between the Store as webapp or the Store as Windows app inside the operating system. I don't know. But now my app is listed correctly on the Store.

Thanks for your support!

Monday, September 21, 2020 8:52 AM