none
'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' is not registered on local machine

    Question

  • Hi all of you,

    Primary platform is Framework 2.0 running over XP.

     

    I've got an issue with a SSIS package which uses Oracle Provider for OleDB:

     

    Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' is not registered on local machine

     

    Nevertheless, MS Ole DB Provider for Oracle works fine. Let me know where am I failing.

     

    Thanks in advance,

    Thursday, June 7, 2007 9:37 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Try reinstalling the Oracle client.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 11:33 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for your answer Phil.

    I've got a question.. If I do such thing, my tnsnames.ora will be destroyed? 'suppose so

     

    Anyway, I think that my problem is other one..

     

    Thursday, June 7, 2007 12:24 PM
  • Copy your tnsnames.ora file to another name and then restore it when done.  Which is something you should be doing anyway -- backing it up.

    You can try just reinstalling the OLE provider: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/ole_db/index.html
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 12:32 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Phil,

    Thanks indeed. It works fine. I'm sorry for my scepticism.

     

     

    Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:04 PM
  • Hi Phil.

      I am also having this problem, made sure that the ACL are read and execute for ASPNET, IUSR, IWAM users on the server.  The app is .NET 2.0 by a vendor that is using the following connection string. names change to protect the innocent. 

     

    Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=pass;User ID=user; Data Source=ds'/>

     

    Unfortunately the vendor has no answers...

     

    My question is that I have been told by my DBA that reinstalling doesn't always reinstall correctly as the registry entries still exists.  Am I being told correctly?  Also,  If I reinstall, am I creating a new Oracle_Home that I would have set up in the OBDC administrator.

    Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:30 PM
  •  n2magick wrote:

    Hi Phil.

    I am also having this problem, made sure that the ACL are read and execute for ASPNET, IUSR, IWAM users on the server. The app is .NET 2.0 by a vendor that is using the following connection string. names change to protect the innocent.

    Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=pass;User ID=user; Data Source=ds'/>

    Unfortunately the vendor has no answers...

    My question is that I have been told by my DBA that reinstalling doesn't always reinstall correctly as the registry entries still exists. Am I being told correctly? Also, If I reinstall, am I creating a new Oracle_Home that I would have set up in the OBDC administrator.



    Right, but are you using SSIS?  If not, I'm afraid I cannot help you...  It seems that you have several layers that could be causing you issues.
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:37 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Phil for answering my question.  No I am not using SSIS.  Just happen on the post doing a search trying to find the answer to my problem.  Smile

     

    Thanks again for your prompt answer.

    LuAnn

     

    Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:47 PM
  • I nearly pulled my hair out finding the solution to this problem.

    In the end I installed "32-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio" on my 64 bit system, and it solved the problem.

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/utilsoft-086879.html

    • Proposed as answer by neilg075 Sunday, September 16, 2012 3:01 PM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 3:01 PM
  • I opened the SSIS ETL tool on a remote server by righ-click + Open as administrator and then, the error disappeared... So, it can be related with user-rights
    Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:45 PM