none
Execute Process task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I want to Update/ Insert  records in salesforce from my SQL Server DB.

XP_cmdshell and sql Agent is disable in my company.

we are third party tool DBAmp to insert and update records.

I have used below command

C:\Program Files\DBAmp\DBAmp.exe UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\IPREPOSID01 “IPREPO” SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT in Command Prompt.

In SSIS i want to use execute Process task , but don't lnow how to implement above code in SSIS ,as i am not aware of arguments of Process Task in SSIS.

Please Help...Urgently.

Thanks In advance. ;)

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 8:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Herenpatel,

When passing multiple arguments to a custom application in one Execute Process task, we use spaces to delimit the arguments. However, an argument cannot include a space; otherwise, the task will not run. To pass an argument that contains space, we can use an expression to pass a variable value as the argument. In you scenario, let’s supposing you can use three variables to generate the argument, and then use the following expression in the expression for the Arguments property (Expressions tab) of the Execute Process Task:

@variable1 + “ ” + @variable2 + “ ” + @variable3

You can also generate the entire arguments in a single variable, but pay attention to the escape character. For example, let’s suppose the eventual argument is UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\IPREPOSID01 “IPREPO” SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT, then the expression of the variable should be:

"UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\\IPREPOSID01" + "\"IPREPO\"" + "SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT"

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:14 AM

All replies

• The executable would be C:\Program Files\DBAmp\DBAmp.exe.  Everything following would be considered arguments.  

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the DBAmp product, however after looking at their documentation (http://forceamp.com/hats/DBAmpDoc.pdf), why would you not use the prescribed method outlined on pages 41-44? The product appears to utilize linked server connections and custom stored procedures...and their documentation prescribes using these for "pushing data" to salesforce via SSIS. 

I would also suggest you refer to the DBAmp forums for additional support.

All the best.

-D

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:42 AM
  • Thanks

But, DBAmp Stored procedure uses xp_cmdshell , which is disable and also SQL Agent is disable.

so finding different solution.

Thanks

Thursday, May 8, 2014 1:44 PM
  • hi,

[Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Program Files\DBAmp\DBAmp.exe" "Update IPfolio__Cost__c -S vdbi1dn199\IPREPOSID01[\IPREPO]  -S SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT " at "", The process exit code was "-1" while the expected was "0".

can you tell me what is "at" in Error message.

Thanks

Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:58 PM
  • I believe it's trying to say it encountered an error beginning with a double quote.  You may want to try adding escape characters...

"UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\\IPREPOSID01 \“IPREPO\” SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT"

Saturday, May 10, 2014 1:58 AM
  • Hi Herenpatel,

When passing multiple arguments to a custom application in one Execute Process task, we use spaces to delimit the arguments. However, an argument cannot include a space; otherwise, the task will not run. To pass an argument that contains space, we can use an expression to pass a variable value as the argument. In you scenario, let’s supposing you can use three variables to generate the argument, and then use the following expression in the expression for the Arguments property (Expressions tab) of the Execute Process Task:

@variable1 + “ ” + @variable2 + “ ” + @variable3

You can also generate the entire arguments in a single variable, but pay attention to the escape character. For example, let’s suppose the eventual argument is UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\IPREPOSID01 “IPREPO” SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT, then the expression of the variable should be:

"UPDATE IPfolio__Cost__c vdbi1dn199\\IPREPOSID01" + "\"IPREPO\"" + "SALESFORCE_DEVELOPMENT"

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:14 AM