SQL Server DB internal query processor error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone support of this issue..

My environment

SQL : Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2), Express Edition

I received an error on my ERP (Xact ERP). Error number 8630, Internal Query Processor error, The query processor encountered an unexpected error during execution.

While creating a sales invoice in ERP this error occurred. The issue is only with a particular entry. when we try to post any action against to one particular entry this error comes. There is no other issues with any other entry or action in ERP or SQL. We can't even delete this entry. 

Temporary how what we did is we created new entry and created invoice. 

I consulted with ERP team and said it is an issue with SQL. Our ERP and SQL is working fine expect to this one entry.

I want to know why it is happening to only one entry, is it SQL DB related error or ERP. Will it occur again ? I want take the precaution. 

can any one help me to find out the reason behind this issue.

Saturday, April 7, 2018 6:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

See MS Support: FIX: You receive error message 8630 when you run a query on a SQL Server 2008 server that is under memory pressure

SQL Express can utilize max. 1 GB memory and when memory resources causes the issue you should consider to purchase a Standard Edition.

Also install latest service pack: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 3

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Saturday, April 7, 2018 6:47 AM

• I want to know why it is happening to only one entry, is it SQL DB related error or ERP. Will it occur again ? I want take the precaution. 

This may either be happening because of low memory or bug and I doubt later. Express edition database engine is limited to 1 GB memory and if you are running complex queries which need memory and sql server is already under memory stress such messages come pop up. A permanent solution would be to upgrade to paid editions like Standard or enterprise. Standard should just do fine

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, April 28, 2018 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:27 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 4:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See MS Support: FIX: You receive error message 8630 when you run a query on a SQL Server 2008 server that is under memory pressure

SQL Express can utilize max. 1 GB memory and when memory resources causes the issue you should consider to purchase a Standard Edition.

Also install latest service pack: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 3

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Saturday, April 7, 2018 6:47 AM

• I want to know why it is happening to only one entry, is it SQL DB related error or ERP. Will it occur again ? I want take the precaution. 

This may either be happening because of low memory or bug and I doubt later. Express edition database engine is limited to 1 GB memory and if you are running complex queries which need memory and sql server is already under memory stress such messages come pop up. A permanent solution would be to upgrade to paid editions like Standard or enterprise. Standard should just do fine

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, April 28, 2018 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:27 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 4:35 AM