CEIP RRS feed

• Question

• When installing SQL 2016 in a Failover Cluster, the installation role created a cluster role named "SQL Server CEIP (INSTANCE)".

Despite the fact that I disabled CEIP for the server, the cluster role still exists. Can I nuke it? Is there any need for it?

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:40 AM

All replies

• I think no issue in removing this role. I removed it from my cluster and no issue. Make sure you check for dependencies before removing it.

Thanks,

Kindly mark the reply as answer if they help

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:54 AM
  • Hi Reuvy,

CEIP is the short form of Customer Experience Improvement Program, when you enable CEIP reporting, SQL Server is configured to periodically send a report to Microsoft.

Based on my test, I also did not meet issue when I delete it. You can also disable CEIP reporting, please use the SQL Server Error and Usage Reporting tool on the SQL ServerConfiguration Tools menu, for more information, please refer to this article.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Teige Gao Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Hilary CotterMVP Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:19 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:40 AM