none
How to Design Multi Page Report in SSRS 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have managed to create a multi page report. When I am preview mode i can see that the report has 2 pages.

But when I am in design view I cannot view the second page. How can I view the second page. Reason being I am trying to create a template where the table for certain data needs to be at the top of the page and some data at the middle and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Aash.

Aash
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Aash2,

According to your description, the behavior of cannot view the second page in design view is expected, in another way, there is only one page in design view.

Report Designer supports two views: Design to define the report data and report layout, and Preview to display a rendered view of the report. If you would like to show a table on the first page, and show the other table on the second page, you can add a page break on the first table like followings:

1. Click the gray handle in the first table, select “Tablix Properties”
    2. Click “Add a page break after” check box under Page break options in General Tab

After do above, you can see the first table in the first page, and the other table in the second page.

For more details about report designer, please see the following article,
    Working with Report Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281300(v=sql.110).aspx

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Eileen
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:40 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Aash2,

According to your description, the behavior of cannot view the second page in design view is expected, in another way, there is only one page in design view.

Report Designer supports two views: Design to define the report data and report layout, and Preview to display a rendered view of the report. If you would like to show a table on the first page, and show the other table on the second page, you can add a page break on the first table like followings:

1. Click the gray handle in the first table, select “Tablix Properties”
    2. Click “Add a page break after” check box under Page break options in General Tab

After do above, you can see the first table in the first page, and the other table in the second page.

For more details about report designer, please see the following article,
    Working with Report Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281300(v=sql.110).aspx

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Eileen
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:40 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your reply.

So how can i go about an place certain dataset data on second page at specific place like I want a dataset data to be at the bottom right hand corner of the second page and just above that I have to put a graph.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Aash.

Aash
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:42 AM
  • I just put an empty Matrix grid at the bottom (literally one cell) with no Borders at the point I want the page break..and then do as above.

This may well not be best practice.

Personally I would really like a view where you can force the Design view to be a particular page size so you can see whats happening.  I realize this is a non-trivial technical challenge given the dynamic matrix/table sizes

DBA

Friday, March 27, 2015 4:17 PM
  • Amazingly, 6 years later this *still* seems to be the way to get a two page report.  Why not include a control called Page Break like every other reporting tool available?  ...and don't get me started on the lack of a checkbox control. 

Thanks, Mike Devenney

Friday, August 11, 2017 12:49 PM
  • hi mike,

any exp on sap hana ssrs integration and passing prameter

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:55 PM
  • hi 

any exp on sap hana ssrs integration and passing prameter

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 3:55 PM