none
Using Progress Open Edge Driver with SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• I have SSIS Package that I am using to pull data from a Progress Database into a SQL Database using VS 2008 since I am loading it to a SQL Server 2008 system and want to load the package on that system.

I currently have the same package in VS2005 and running from my local PC using the same Progress Open Edge Client ODBC and the package runs fine and pushes the data to my SQL Server.

When I start testing the tasks in VS 2008, when I first open the package I see the Red X that says the connection to ADO. NEt connection is not working. I open the connection and test it and it works. I then go into a task and I can preview the data without a problem.

When I go to run the task though I get the Error Message below. This is using the same connection that I'm using in VS 2005 and it works. I've noticed as well that once I have refreshed the ADO.NET connection all the Red X's go away on all of my tasks although I still cannot connect when running the task. As soon as I save everything and close the package and then reopen it the connection again shows that it is not connected. I"m using a System DSN for both.

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions.

Error 1 Validation error. Data Flow Task Pull Account Descriptions [1]: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source.  ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source.     at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)     at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)     at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)     at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)     at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)     at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ManagedHelper.GetManagedConnection(String assemblyQualifiedName, String connStr, Object transaction)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager100.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Object transaction) SkywardWarehouseUpdate.dtsx 0 0 

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies