none
How to pass parameters in Data Driven Subscription in SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an Requirement, to send  an email which contains Customer information to corresponding customer only.

Example:

We have data for all the customer informations in the report. There is no any filter for the customer in the report.

Customer Name : Vinay

we need to get the vinay information from the report and send an email to vinay mail id.

Note: We should not send any other customer information other than Vinay customer in the email.

Please help me on this..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

LuckyAbdul

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi LuckyAbdul,

After testing the issue in my local environment, we can use the following steps to achieve your requirement.

1. We should make sure there is a field (Account) contains the customer’s email address in the dataset, or we should add it to the dataset.
    2. Add a parameter (ReportParameter1) in the report use Customer_Name field as Available Values.
    3. Add a filter as below in the corresponding tablix:
      Expression: [Customer_Name]
      Operator: =
      Value: [@ReportParameter1]
    4. Deploy the report.
    5. During the data-driven subscription, in the step 4 (Specify delivery extension settings for Report Server Email). Below “To” option, select “Get the value from the database”, then select Account field.
    6. In the step 5, we can configure report parameter “Get the value from the database”, then select Customer_Name field.

The following screenshot is for your reference:

There is an article about Create a Data-Driven Subscription, you can refer to it.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169673.aspx

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:10 AM