none
Site columns are not showing under "Managed Properties" of "Search Schema"

Question

• Hi, I had created Site Columns.

1. Project Management    ------------Managed Metadata Type

2. Support     -------------------------Managed Metadata Type

And added to the "Document Library". from existing Site Columns.

But when I search fro "Managed Property" through "Search Schema" they are not showing. And these site columns are created 2 days prior.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Ashok,

Create one list item/document and add data in these site columns. Then through your List/Document Library Settings, there is an option to 'Reindex List'. Once you have done this it will be re-indexed in the next crawl, which shouldn't take more than 24hrs for SharePoint online. 

I have just done this and I was able to see the columns in crawled properties in less than 30 mins for SharePoint online..

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCITP | MCTS SharePoint | MCPD SharePoint | http://www.spdeveloper.co.in

Friday, October 9, 2015 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashok,

Did you run a search crawl after the columns were created ? We need minimum one search crawl to see the crawl properties.

You can also check if you see the crawled properties for those columns are available.

Thanks,

Nutan

Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the response.

I had created the Site Columns in the "SharePoint Online" in the cloud, I don't have option to do search crawl.

And I have checked that the crawled properties are not showing for those site columns.

Any Help will be appreciated.

Friday, October 9, 2015 5:31 AM
  • Hi Ashok,

Create one list item/document and add data in these site columns. Then through your List/Document Library Settings, there is an option to 'Reindex List'. Once you have done this it will be re-indexed in the next crawl, which shouldn't take more than 24hrs for SharePoint online. 

I have just done this and I was able to see the columns in crawled properties in less than 30 mins for SharePoint online..

Ram Prasad Meenavalli | MCITP | MCTS SharePoint | MCPD SharePoint | http://www.spdeveloper.co.in

Friday, October 9, 2015 6:08 AM