Migration to Azure from vSphere 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

What happens if I try to replicate my onpremise VM running on vCenter 5.0 to Azure Site recovery ? The docs on Azure say I need vCenter 5.1/5.5, I dont want to be wasting time looking into upgrading my vmware setup, all i want to do is use ASR to migrate to Azure. Would ASR still work with vSphere 5.0 ?

My vCenter and ESXi hosts are all running 5.0, I need to be out of the data center as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Answers

• This is the very detailed document on physical servers migration to azure

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/site-recovery-vmware-to-azure

You need to forget about your VMware environment completely and treat all the servers as physical and follow the steps for physical server migration to azure.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

If this post was helpful to you, please up vote it and/or mark it as an answer so others can more easily find it in the future

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.I apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:11 PM
  • You can always protect virtual machine as physical .

Regards,

Sadiqh

Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Thanks Sadiqh, are there any documents for physical machine migration, should the configuration server be on the same domain and network as the machine i am trying to migrate. The problem I have is the vcenter server is on a different AD domain and network to the guest vm I am trying to migrate, would it being in a different domain be a problem ? Should the configuration machine be on the same AD domain as the vcenter or the guest machine ?
    Friday, December 2, 2016 1:07 PM
  • This is the very detailed document on physical servers migration to azure

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/site-recovery-vmware-to-azure

You need to forget about your VMware environment completely and treat all the servers as physical and follow the steps for physical server migration to azure.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

If this post was helpful to you, please up vote it and/or mark it as an answer so others can more easily find it in the future

Monday, December 5, 2016 6:37 PM