none
Error occurred while attribute being processed

Question

• Hi all,

I have recently added a couple fact and dimension tables to my datawarehouse - when i added them to the cube i was unable to process. In an attempt to identify the issue, i removed all of the new measures and dimensions and then added just one of the new dimensions with only one attribute.

The cube then successfully processed, i then added attributes to the dimensions one at a time before processing. On my third attribute the cube process failed with messages:

Error 17 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Supplier', Name of 'Supplier' was being processed.  0 0 

Error 18 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Sender Code' attribute of the 'Supplier' dimension from the 'iSupplyCube1310' database was being processed.  0 0 

The Sender Code and Supplier Name attributes were the first two attributes I added to the cube and were successfully processed.... I then added the attribute 'Location' and the process failed with the above messages. The datawarehouse table DimSuppliers has only three records:

PK_SupplierKey BK_SupplierKey SupplierCode SenderCode SupplierName Location
    -1 -1 UNKNOWN    UNKNOWN    UNKNOWN NULL
    2 2 00A01      ACME       Sport Super Warehouse West Gosford
    3 3 NSW        ACME       TRANSIT  

Only new to SSAS - any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:10 AM

Answers