none
SSRS configuration : Generating rights scripts error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, 

I'm a college student studying computer programming and on our database course, we were instructed to download and install MS SQL Server. I followed everything but I keep on getting the same error when I try to change the current report server database. Not sure what I need to do, I'm stuck.

Here's what it says:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.WMIProviderException: The specified user account is not valid or the password is not correct.

---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040211
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.ThrowOnError(ManagementBaseObject mo)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WmiProvider.RSWmiAdmin.GenerateGrantRightsScript(String userName, String database, Boolean isDatabaseRemote, Boolean windowsUser, String& script)
       at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.GenerateGrantRightsScript(String userName, String database, Boolean isDatabaseRemote, Boolean windowsUser, String& script)

Sunday, September 29, 2019 6:50 AM

Answers

• Hi 

You can run the service under a domain user account or a built-in such as Network Service account. From your description, it seem incorrect user account format might be the root cause, could you please have a check and give the result.

If it still does not work, you can show us your account and other detail information for us to supply further troubleshoot.

For more information about How to: Configure a Service Account for Reporting Services, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522727.aspx

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

• Marked as answer by Matsura Ku Monday, September 30, 2019 8:09 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi 

You can run the service under a domain user account or a built-in such as Network Service account. From your description, it seem incorrect user account format might be the root cause, could you please have a check and give the result.

If it still does not work, you can show us your account and other detail information for us to supply further troubleshoot.

For more information about How to: Configure a Service Account for Reporting Services, please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522727.aspx

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

• Marked as answer by Matsura Ku Monday, September 30, 2019 8:09 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Hi Frances,

Check out this thread for resolving your issue:Error in Reporting Service configuration manager when create service account

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:32 AM