none
Tool that can generate ERD of SSAS tabular model deployed in Azure Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

anyone here already used a tool to generate ERD of a tabular model? I am looking for a tool that can connect from my tabular model deployed in Azure Analysis Services and generate the ERD (dynamcally)? 

Monday, November 26, 2018 4:25 AM

All replies

• Afaik there is no such tool.

Cause you cannot determine automatically whether a table is representing an (strong/weak) entity, an attribute or a relationship. Especially as AS models are non-relational by design. Thus a table maybe haven just a bag of unrelated data.

Monday, November 26, 2018 2:36 PM
  • A tool like Database Diagram in SSMS? but instead of sql database it is connected to ssas tabular model?
    Monday, November 26, 2018 5:13 PM
  • Hi Jessica Albea,

You can try to use SSDT to connect to Azure Analysis Services, then click Diagram in the bottom right of panel, you will see the diagram of relationships among tables in SSAS tabular project. 

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:11 AM
  • But I need ERD that can be saved like a file and I can go back to and refreshed if there are any changes in my tabular model.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:27 AM