none
analysis services question

Question

• I am trying to learn Analysis Services SSRS.  I am following the book Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services step by step.   In chapter 7 before you can do any learning they have you download a file from codeplex that contains the Adventure Works DB and solution and project files which you open in bids.  It then instructs you to click on Deploy.  It assusmes that the project will deploy correctly,  it doesn't,  it give a about 50 errors.  This is all before the chapter starts teaching you about AS.  So I am stuck trying to correct errors on something I know nothing about.  I got some ideas from the forums here to narrow them down,  but still getting quite a few.  Here is one I can't find an answer to anywhere;

Error 3 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: MdxScript(Adventure Works) (420, 5) The level '&[2009]' object was not found in the cube when the string, [Date].[Fiscal Year].&[2009], was parsed.; MdxScript(Adventure Works) (436, 6) The level '&[2006]' object was not found in the cube when the string, [Date].[Fiscal Year].&[2006], was parsed.; The END SCOPE statement does not match the opening SCOPE statement.; MdxScript(Adventure Works) (442, 3) The END SCOPE statement does not match the opening SCOPE statement.; The END SCOPE statement does not match the opening SCOPE statement.; MdxScript(Adventure Works) (488, 1) The END SCOPE statement does not match the opening SCOPE statement..  0 0 

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Did you modify the SSAS project? In version 2005 and 2008, you cannot find the member [2009]. Could you download sample from below link and install SSAS sample and DW sample with the same version:

http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/37109

After that, try it again. 

Hope this helps,

Raymond

Raymond Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:58 AM
  • Hi Ray,

Here is an AS question regarding the Adventure Works db.  I got this error.  Don't know what it means....

Error 1 Dimension [Product] : No key attribute is defined.  0 0 

Thanks

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:28 PM
  • one of the attributes in the dimension need to be set as key. select an attribute in dimension and righ click to select "Set Attribute Usage" and select Key. Generally this is done on Product Id.
    vinu
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:09 PM
  • Vin

Under Attributes,  I clicked on the Product Dimension Product Key and clicked on Show Attribute Usage.  That caused even more errors.  Where is a good place to learn this.  I have a book that just tells you to do this and that without any explanation as to what you are doing and why.   Then when something goes wrong you have no idea why!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:56 PM
  • My kingdom for a good analysis Services SSRS tutorial that explains things as you go instead of not telling you what you are doing on each step.  I need to learn this and all I find is crappy instructions that do not deploy!
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:59 PM
  • I would suggest you download the sample from this link:

http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/37109

It will install AdventrureWorks 2008DW and SSAS AdventrureWorks 2008 for you, please modify the connection string in this project and then deploy the SSAS project. It seems the Project you are using is not the original sample AdventrureWorks.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

Raymond Li - MSFT
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 2:57 AM
  • Hi Ray,

Are you refering to the first link on the page?  The one that says AdventureWorks2008 SR4.exe?

Can I use this to create an Analysis service project?

Thanks

Thursday, February 3, 2011 6:14 PM
  •  

Hi Ray, 

I follow all instruction in my Microsoft book and I still get a thousand errors.  I don't expect you to look at them all but can you tell if there might be one thing I'm doing wrong to get all these errors.  I mean this is just ridiculous!    The book makes it sound simple.  It doesn't assume you will get errors or how to fix them!

Thanks

Error 62 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 63 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 64 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 65 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 66 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 67 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Standard Cost' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 68 Server: The operation has been cancelled.  0 0 
    Error 69 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 71 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 72 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 73 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 74 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Category' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 75 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 76 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 77 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 78 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 79 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 80 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Color' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 81 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 82 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 83 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 84 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 85 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 86 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Safety Stock Level' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 87 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 88 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 89 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 90 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 91 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 92 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Reorder Point' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 93 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 94 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 95 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 96 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 97 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 98 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Size Range' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 99 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 100 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 101 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 102 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 103 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 104 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Size' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 105 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 106 Internal error: The operation terminated unsuccessfully.  0 0 
    Error 107 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login timeout expired; HYT00; A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. ; 08001.  0 0 
    Error 108 Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'Adventure Works DW'.  0 0 
    Error 109 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Dim Product', Name of 'Product' was being processed.  0 0 
    Error 110 Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'List Price' attribute of the 'Product' dimension from the 'Adventure Works DW' database was being processed.  0 0 

Thursday, February 3, 2011 6:44 PM
  • The error is actually only one though it flushes out many error. The error is that your cube is not able to connect to your analysis server.

Click the Data Source and check if the server name is proper. Then in the impersonation information-> select the Use a Specific Windows user name and password and enter the UID and PWD. This is the same log on information with which you have logged into your computer. 

It should work.

vinu
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:04 PM
  • PERFECT... worked for me....thanks

Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:19 PM