none
.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4005 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A097AB6) (80121506)

Question

• Hi,
    on my workstation in event viewer I randomly find following error:
    Source: .NET Runtime
    ID: 1023
    Text: .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.4005 - Fatal execution Engine Error  (7A097AB6) (80121506)
    On this workstation ran application wrote in VS2010 (application wrote for .NET Framework 3.5).
    I use windows XP POST Ready, where were installed Framework versions v1.0; v1.1; v2.0; v3.0; v3.5; v4.0.
    This error cause restart OS.
    There is some possibility, how to find out, why this error occur??
    Best regards,
    RossXT
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Ross,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please take a look at similar threads, it provides the steps to find out the root cause:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/windowsworkflowfoundation/thread/40fcc20b-3f28-41b7-8c69-7efa0894c698

1) Try deploying the apps to a clean test machine without any updates/patches/service packs later than the time when the problem occured. See if the problem still exists.
    2) If the problem disappears after step 1), try applying all the updates/patches/service packs that the server has installed as of now to that test machine. See if the problem still exists.
    3) If the problem occurs again, that probably indicates the problem is caused by those updates. You can opt to rollback to the state in which the app was healthy.
    If the problem doesn't repro, that means probably the .NET runtime on that server is in a corrupted state.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies