none
Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer failed with the following error: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". RRS feed

• Question

• I get this error when I setup a new SSIS project in SSDT, specifically when I attempt to add an existing package from the package store (the error occurs before I can select a package from the package store). The SSIS packages are located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Packages. 

I have verified SSIS service is up an running - I have already setup SQL Server Agent and have ran 400+ SSIS packages from the package store (MS SQL Server 2014).

Additional error message content: 

This error can occur when you try to connect to a SQL Server 2005 Integration Services service from the current version of the SQL Server tools. Instead, add folders to the service configuration file to let the local Integration Services service manage packages on the SQL Server 2005 instance.

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer failed with the following error: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.".

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio      12.0.4213.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools      12.0.4213.0
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)      6.3.9600.17415
    Microsoft MSXML      3.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer      9.11.9600.18350
    Microsoft .NET Framework      4.0.30319.42000
    Operating System      6.3.9600

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Visual Studio 2013 SSDT-BI needs to be used with SSIS 2014

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

• Marked as answer by marknstein Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Same to me Marknstein :(

I've just installed SQL Server Developer Edition, all features, SSIS included, and I have the service running as "automatic mode". Everything would look perfect but "The specified service does not exist as an installed service" appers in error window.

I am using "." and "localhost" as ServerName based on Windows Authentication mode. All of the services are running correctly except SSIS.

May I also ask for your help?

NOTE: I've not understood the previous message from Moderator pointing to MyBlog and Twitter sites.

Many thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:09 AM