none
About recent window.open problem on last version of Microsoft Edge Browser. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, A few days ago I updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 (1903 x64) Now Edge seems to be ignoring (seemingly randomly) my window.open code, when I try to popup from an iframed content. Version: Microsoft Edge 44.18362.267.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18362

Kindly help me on this.

Best Regards

JT

• Edited by Super Javi Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:00 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Super Javi,

It is recommended to post a sample code while posting the question on the forum. We cannot make a guess about what exact thing you are doing in your code. Only description is not helpful for finding the cause for the issue.

I try to test with window.open sample code on my side worked without any issue. It is better if you try to provide any sample code than we can try to make a test with it. 

Also confirm whether the page you are trying to open is in the same domain or you are trying to open the page from different domain.

If you are trying to open the page from different domain than it can be CORS related issue.

Check the console whether you are getting any error or warning message or not. If there is any error than let us know about that.

check whether any security settings got changed or reset after the latest update. For testing purpose, try to make a test with lower security settings to check whether it helps to avoid the issue or not.  

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 1:33 AM