none
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Power BI Report Server (May 2019) installed on SQL Server 2016 Enterprise working perfectly.

But today I was upgrading to the September 2019 version, the installation completed normally, but when I opened the reports the following message was displayed in the browser:

I checked everything:

- I checked logged in log files: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Power BI Report Server \ PBIRS \ LogFiles, but found no errors.

- I checked if service stopped.

- I uninstalled and installed, but the same error occurred.

But I was able to install Power BI Report Server (September 2019) on another server running SQL Server 2014.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Is it a bug in this release, which does not let install in SQL Server 2016, only in SQL 2014.

Thanks.
    _Keny

Keny Maciel da Silva DBA SQL Server MCSA - Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Database MCSA - Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 MCTS - SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance Email: kenymaciel@gmail.com

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Keny,

According to your description, I recalled there were some kind of similar issue for SSRS with SQL Sever 2016. You could try upgrading SQL Sever 2016 to newest SP and CU version, see if this helps.

Also you could refer to an prior discussion to check if any useful information:SQL 2016 with SP2 : HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

But still these are for SSRS, I am not very sure they are the same as in Power BI.

If above not fixed it, you could ask experts in Power BI forum.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for the tip.

Keny Maciel da Silva DBA SQL Server MCSA - Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Database MCSA - Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 MCTS - SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance Email: kenymaciel@gmail.com

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:40 PM
  • Any luck with other version of SQL Server 2016?

I hope the issue got resolved now.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:06 AM