none
Cannot set the subscription for any report created by AS 2005 through report builder. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created couple report through report builder which using AS cube as the data source. Every time when I try to access the New Subscription from the web UI. It complains about "Subscriptions cannot be created because the cedentals used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid.".

So I went into "Properties" -> "Data Source" and use the custom data source. I've selected "Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services" and put in the following Data Source=SQLTEST;Initial Catalog="Data Warehouse AS". I've select "Crednetials stored securely in the report server", using my Windows login and password.. and I've got the following error.

"

• An error has occurred during report processing.
  • Query execution failed for data set 'dataSet'.

• The SemanticQuery element at line 7, column 351 (namespace http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2004/10/semanticmodeling) cannot appear under Envelope/Body/Execute/Command. "
    • Please help!!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:28 AM

All replies

• Did you find a solution to this problem?

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:37 PM
  •  

You need to follow the steps below

1. Go to Reporting Services Config

2. Go to the Execution Account , the last one in the list

3. Setup an execution account, make sure the account has access to the cube

What this will do is allow for unattended execution. This should solve the above issue.

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Thank you for your time,

But it is still not working...

1. I added the windows logon in MS analysis services security.

2. The data source (connecting to MSAS) is set up as windows integrated security.

3. I opened reporting services setup and added the windows logon that has access to the cube as execution account.

4. I restarted reporting services.

5. I still get the same error message when trying to add a subscription.

Is there something I'm missing?

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:16 PM
  • Nevermind, got it working..thanks!

Monday, October 6, 2008 5:31 PM
  • If it's not a secret, how did you solve this issue?
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:40 PM