none
Is Report Viewer 2016 (15) compatible with a SQL Server 2008 R2 backend? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is Report Viewer 2016 (v15) compatible with a SQL Server 2008 R2 and SSRS 2008 R2 backend?

We have a client who will not be upgrading their database server in time for the release. I need to know if I need to remove the Report Viewer upgrade from the release.

And yes, I am fully aware that 2008 R2 is out of extended support.

Many thanks,

James

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:01 AM

Answers

• Hi James Birch

If you use the sqlserver 2008 r2 as the data source ,seems there is no issue .

If you use the sqlserver 2008 r2 as the ssrs host database , seems there would be exist some compatibility issue.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Liu001 Monday, August 12, 2019 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Birch Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:30 AM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi James Birch

If you use the sqlserver 2008 r2 as the data source ,seems there is no issue .

If you use the sqlserver 2008 r2 as the ssrs host database , seems there would be exist some compatibility issue.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Liu001 Monday, August 12, 2019 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Birch Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:30 AM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi

How is your case going these days , if you have solved your issue, you could mark the appreciated reply as answer or share your solution here . So that other members in this forum could get benefited from it .

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I have marked your original reply as the answer. I have not been able to verify as we pulled the upgrade from the release.

Many thanks,

James

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:40 AM