Reorganize files in project folders RRS feed

• Question

• How do I reorganize my headers and source files to my own preferences under the project folder? It currently defaults to alphabetical but I would rather not have my files in alphabetical order, but rather my own personal order (e.g main, game, pieces and etc.) I thought it would be as simple as dragging and dropping to the desired location but this is not the case. I would send a picture, but right now it says my account still needs to be verified so it is restricting me from doing so.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

If you use a C/C++ project and want to customize the order of the files in one certain folder, I’m afraid this is by design and VS doesn’t support this feature. I recommend you suggest this feature directly to Visual Studio Product Team from Help > Send Feedback > Suggest a Feature…

BTW, you can verify your account from this link.

Feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:37 AM