none
SQL Server Data Tools you must install Match Data of Integration Services or higher - When exporting data RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow SSISers,

We have an application that runs a couple of ssis packages. The app and ssis are on the same box. These packages are in SSIS 2008 - they work flawlessly and run from a fileshare. We are migrating them to ssis 2016

We have a new box. On that box we have Integration Services 2016, VS data tools (vs 2015), and the folders for the packages. And of course the app.

We have a new solution, new project, (all temporarily in package deployment).

The packages have been migrated from ssis 2018 to ssis 2016.

One ssis packages takes data from Excel and loads it to SQL - the app runs it with .Net code. It works perfectly!!!

Another ssis package exports data from SQL to Excel. It generates the error "SQL Server Data Tools you must install Match Data of Integration Services or higher "

Both packages have PackageFormatVersion of 8.

The application is not "directly" calling dtexec but letting .Net do it thru an object module in .Net.

Any suggestions where to look next?

Yes, I know this pattern is not optimal but just trying to determine why we are getting this.

Thanks,

MG

Monday, January 21, 2019 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi MG,

• "...Another ssis package exports data from SQL to Excel. It generates the error "SQL Server Data Tools you must install Match Data of Integration Services or higher "..."

Are you getting this error in the Visual Studio?

• "...The application is not "directly" calling dtexec but letting .Net do it thru an object module in .Net…"

You may need to update the object module to match SSIS 2016 version.

• Edited by Yitzhak Khabinsky Monday, January 21, 2019 4:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by mg101 Monday, January 21, 2019 5:54 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi MG,

• "...Another ssis package exports data from SQL to Excel. It generates the error "SQL Server Data Tools you must install Match Data of Integration Services or higher "..."

Are you getting this error in the Visual Studio?

• "...The application is not "directly" calling dtexec but letting .Net do it thru an object module in .Net…"

You may need to update the object module to match SSIS 2016 version.

• Edited by Yitzhak Khabinsky Monday, January 21, 2019 4:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by mg101 Monday, January 21, 2019 5:54 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 4:46 PM
  • HI Yitzhak,

Thanks for the info.

When we run both packages in VS, they work fine.

When we run from the application, the import packages is fine. The export packages fails.

I will have them look at their object references in the code. If this is the cause, then there is something strange about the object module that lets the import work and the export not work.

If there is anything I have missed, let me know.

Thanks,

MG

Monday, January 21, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi MG,

On the other hand, it is better to convert the SSIS project to the "Project Deployment" model.

After that it opens many new capabilities.

For starters, you can launch SSIS packages via:

• SQL Server Agent.
    • Stored procedure call from the application.

Monday, January 21, 2019 5:09 PM
  • Thank Yitzhak,

Yes, I am aware of that. But we are doing this in phases. Migration first. Then we will address flipping to project deployment.

MG

Monday, January 21, 2019 5:54 PM
  • HI Yitzhak,

Thanks for the info.

When we run both packages in VS, they work fine.

When we run from the application, the import packages is fine. The export packages fails.

I will have them look at their object references in the code. If this is the cause, then there is something strange about the object module that lets the import work and the export not work.

If there is anything I have missed, let me know.

Thanks,

MG

May be export packages had some components who version was incompatible with version of your SSIS runtime. Does it use any third party/custom task/component?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Monday, January 21, 2019 6:00 PM
  • Thanks Visakh16

No, there are no 3rd party components in the SSIS package. Just exporting to Excel.

MG

Monday, January 21, 2019 6:24 PM