none
Can I change the display name of a hyperlink in Powerview? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a power view report that has several very long hyperlinks in it, is it possible to display those links as something else in the report?

Monday, November 12, 2012 6:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• No, there is not currently.

-Sean

Program Manager, SQL Server Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://blogs.msdn.com/seanboon http://www.twitter.com/ssrs

Monday, November 12, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Hello,

Currently, the Power View report doesn't support the drillthrough feature like "Go to URL".
    Personally, I recommend you that submit a suggestion at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

For more information about the features supported in Power View, please see Power View (SSRS).

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are
    TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Fanny Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:14 AM
  • Hi

I've seen the following regarding hyperlinks in PowerView and it does not appear to be a complete solution.

Hyperlinks

Add a hyperlink to a text box in a sheet or view. If a field in your data model contains a hyperlink, add the field to the sheet or view. It can link to any Internet or email address

In Power View in Excel and in edit mode for a Power View report in SharePoint, you follow the hyperlink by clicking it while holding down the Ctrl key.

You just click the link for an Excel workbook in Excel Services or Office 365, or for a Power View in SharePoint report in reading and full-screen modes.

We could use PowerView and display the data as a matrix for our Profit and Loss reporting and use the Levels to drill to lower levels of data, ultimately to the transaction level.  We need the feature of having the Table data which has the hyperlink to an attached document PDF file coming through to the PowerView report so the user can see the actual scanned document PDF file behind the transaction if they choose to click through.  It's ok having a text box to use as a Go to URL but this will only work if you need to point at some external information or website.  If you are viewing transactions there would need to be a hyperlink for every transaction row.

At the moment we use Crystal Reports 10 to deliver our P&L reports and these support drillback down to the document (purchase invoice) level and the user can see if a PDF file is attached and click through to see it. 

Can this be looked at urgently please as this feature is very useful if people want to create financial reports and allow Levels to go as far as the individual transaction.  Users want to see the attachments which show 3rd party proof of the transaction.  It's not practical to go out from the report to start looking at invoices received from suppliers.

If you need any information or a more precise scenario then please email me, lee dot shaw at kshl dot co dot uk

Thanks

Lee

Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:51 PM